_ice

SONG OPTION 2:

WARNING: IMMA POST THIS SHIT EVEN THOUGH IT'S ROUGH AS HELL AND FULL OF HOLES BUT IDGAF LET'S DO THIS ( •̀• ́)

If Violet could describe the "days" she'd spent with Gin in the quaint, picturesque town they were currently residing in, she would've described it as a "hurricane."

Freed from the suffocating constraints of their boarding school, Violet and Gin sought for any pleasures they desired from the world and from each other; during the day they'd shamelessly flirt in quiet cafes, dance in dark, seedy bars, or fuck all day under heavy blankets and heavier plumes of cigarette smoke. Like children, they'd gravitate to any fun, playful thing they'd encounter: from candy stores stocked in an overwhelming cornucopia of colorful, sugared sweets to abandoned, rusty playgrounds where they'd launch snowballs at each other until they were weak from aching arms and even more aching cheeks.

But it was in the night when they truly came alive. Under the starry, golden glimmer of still hanging Christmas lights, they'd run and dance over the smooth, cobblestone roads like raving lunatics under a witching moon; they'd casually drive down deserted, countryside roads blaring Bach and Mahler because Gin thought Mozart and Debussy were grossly overrated; and they'd drift around neon-lit alleys to flirt with depravity and revel in all the delightful dangers being young and in love could afford them.

In every pocket of time in between, they'd talk. They'd talk about paper-thin, stupid things that had no weight or merit to them; and they'd talk about their dreams and the things that kept them up at night like the boogeymen of Gin's childhood nightmares and the open-ended ending at the end of Violet's favourite movie, The Thing.

Their days together however, were numbered and before Violet realized it, it was their last "official" day off school before they had to return to the covert savagery that awaited them.

Violet wasn't looking forward to returning to Amantes, and it was not because she was a bored young thing that detested the monotony of academia like so many young adults her "age" did.

The thing she feared the most about returning to boarding school was a six foot-tall red head with a fearsome temper and a disturbingly tragic past that starred her in its leading role.

She was reminded of him when she'd saw a window display while she and Gin were making their final rounds around town. The display housed multi-tiered wedding cakes decorated with winding white confectionery flowers and pink hearts that glinted like rose coloured bullets. The fallen Golden Boy remained in her thoughts ever since, even as she was casually strolling with Gin, hand in hand, on a handsomely decorated street still hungover from the Christmas holidays.

Gin had tried making small talk with Violet to coax her distracted mind into the present, but Violet, as neurotically obsessive as she was, was dragged back into the past by her unwavering guilt for emotionally destroying someone who was already emotionally distraught like Jack.

"...like a villa somewhere around the Aegean sea?" Gin said to Violet, swinging their linked hands while they walked.

In her absentminded state, Violet nodded her head and gave Gin a limp, "Yeah, sure."

Content with her answer, Gin kissed Violet on the cheek. "So you'll move in with me after we graduate?"

"Yeah," she said once more, before fully digesting his words. "Wait what?!" she shrieked.