_slut

You asked for it.

WARNING: update's longer than my ex's dick and unedited. Sorry.

"Who's Mary?"

The clacking of James' keyboard paused for the briefest of seconds before they resumed their puttering and pattering.

"No one you should be concerned about," he muttered under his breath. Violet sighed and leaned back on her bed with a thud.

Due to James' insistence, James stringently remained by Violet's side during her "recovery" at the hospital. Although Violet couldn't say that he made a good conversational buddy as he was constantly on his laptop or phone most of the time, she had grown used to the muted sounds of him at work. In some ways, she even found comfort in it.

At least it's better than when he's on his period.

Violet also noted the change in James' attitude towards her since that night at the Halloween party. His responses to her questions were a lot more straightforward, the tone in his voice a lot more softer, and his hostility towards her had all but diminished in their volatility. He was almost like a different person.

And since James had become more compliant--docile even--to Violet's whims, Violet couldn't let the opportunity to resolve some mysteries slip past her.

"I keep on hearing her name whenever I'm around," she -half-lied. "Can you please tell me at least one tidbit about her?"

The snapping of a laptop being closed shut made Violet flinch, but when she turned to James he had simply switched his attention to his phone.

"Don't bother," he said blankly, his fingers fluttering over a tinier keyboard.

Violet jutted out her lip and glared at him. Looks like I have no choice.

Curling up on herself and taking short, stunted breaths, Violet held a hand over her wound and groaned in "pain".

"What's wrong Violet? What's wrong?" she heard after hearing the scraping of a chair and the sound of a phone dropping to the floor. Violet smiled inwardly. You're such a cliche it hurts.

Settling Violet back onto the bed, James took a towel by Violet's bedside desk and wiped off the sweat that collected over Violet's forehead.

"Don't stress yourself like this," he said, his voice strained. "You won't get better this way."

Violet shot him a look. "Then tell me. Don't hide things from me."

Her step-brother stared at her, his mouth stretched out into a fine line and his eyes a vehement shade of navy. Violet returned his look with one that was as pointed as a rapier and the two clashed until James relented and sighed in exasperation.

Combing a hand through his pale hair, James finally painted the portrait of "Bloody Mary".

"Mary was Gin's twin sister," he began, "and even though she was the younger twin, people thought she was the older one. Always."

On the bed, Violet wrapped her arms around bent legs and watched James entranced. All she was missing was popcorn.

"That girl," he continued, "was...something. Something else. She was vengeful, petty, full of hate, and wild. Gin was actually the calmer twin if you compared them side by side."

"What did she do?"

James took a noticeable pause before he went on. "She did a lot of things. Terrible things. It was like she was born without any inhibitions. She certainly didn't have any in her 'relationships'."