_players

Thank you for helping me reach 100 reads on this story! I know that a good chunk of those reads are mine (edits man), but for the amazing readers that helped make this happen, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Special thanks goes out to @Anonymous7105 for being awesome and taking both my vote and comment virginity! You weren't gentle at all. I'm still sore from last night ;)

If you couldn't tell by the song choice, that guy is going to be in this chapter. If you've read my other works before, you'll know that there will be plenty of strong language in this story (and in this chapter in particular) so be warned QwQ See you on the other side!

If there was one thing that Violet was certain about in this game, it would be the fact that she was irresistible. She had an angel's face with a succubus's body, a wit as sharp as a freshly cut diamond, and a chameleon persona that allowed her to appear as whoever the game needed her to be as long as it resulted in her absolute victory.

And because she knew that she was irresistible, she made great use of the fact whenever she could.

She was the sweet, but feisty childhood friend who'd tease her giant "puppy" of a buddy like a child playing with a shiny new toy--or a sly woman playing with a blind fool.

She was the friendly, but inquisitive student who had a fiery passion for literature and for the teacher whom she lured with stolen cigarettes and promises of insightful "academic" banter.

She was even the reckless, younger step-sister of a dignified, but unapproachable student president who possessed heavily concealed impulses under a mask of hostility and intimidation.

For each role she played (except the third one; that one came naturally), she successfully got the outcomes she wanted and easily charmed--or challenged--each and every one of them to the point where they were eating off the palm of her hand.

But as she approached the abandoned, "haunted" ward at the far side of the academy, Violet felt unsure of which role to play when it came to the most unpredictable character of this game.

Violet assumed that she would meet this character in less than desirable circumstances; either with her discovering him in a compromising position with a generic, promiscuous throwaway character, or with him wreaking havoc on a group of guys somewhere --the usual things that bad boys do.

So it took Violet by surprise when he invited her to meet him--and through text, of all things.

Do you want to have some fun?

Violet could easily predict what constituted as fun in this character's books, but a part of her--the part that always hid a knife under its pillow and slept with one eye open--was warning her not to underestimate him. Because if there was one word that perfectly summed up what a bad boy was, it was unpredictable.

Standing before a rotting door to what was once a music room, Violet thought of all the possible ways she could interact with this character. Should she go for "meek and naive virgin" or should she try on "stuck up and 'hard to get' snowflake"? Her lackluster IOs were useless as always, offering her only

--> go

and

--> do not go.