_sweet

THE MUSIC ACCOMPANIMENT AND VIDEO FOR THIS CHAPTER IS PERFECTION, TOTAL AND PURE PERFECTION THEMATICALLY, TONALLY, AND VISUALLY. IF YOU WANT ME TO EXPLAIN, SHOOT A COMMENT! I H.A.V.E O.P.I.N.I.O.N.S.

All I can say about this chapter: JACK HAS A LOT TO SAY. + THIS IS SO MESSY AND NEEDS EDITS BUT IMMA PUBLISH THIS SHIT ANYWAY BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN TOOOO FUCKING LONG.

Enjoy!

When Violet opened her eyes, she saw a vast blue ocean stretch out before her. From side to side, the ocean appeared to have no start and no end, its deep cerulean waters scintillating in the afternoon sun that was looking down on the mesmerizing landscape with a smile.

Like him.

Standing on the edge of a cliff where jagged black rocks like teeth were dashed and sprayed by small rolling waves of salt water below, Violet looked out to the sea, her long black hair whipping across her face streaked in dried salt streams and shattered fantasies. The boundlessness of the ocean and the lulling rhythms of the sea have always welcomed her when humanity and all its inconsistencies disappointed her, frustrated her.

Broke her.

She sought comfort in this place, a place that made her bones ache with longing, like she was made from the very same fabric as this vast, wide world of blue and red and violet.

But when she looked out into the never ending blue, all she could think about were his eyes--his cold, frigid eyes that stared back at her when he told her that it was impossible—that they were impossible—after everything they've been through and after everything they've done.

Now, no matter what had passed between them in secret, they could never be what they were  before. They can't face their parents and claim they were a "family" anymore.

Violet rubbed at her eyes dripping with salt water.

How could he have done that to her? How could she have done that with him?

The crunch of sediment behind her accelerated her pulse by tenfold, the hope that was once drowning in deep icy waters arising from the sea triumphant like Aphrodite.

"James?" Violet said, her voice brimming with joy. But before she was able to turn around and see who it was that was behind her, she was shoved hard from behind.

Before she knew it, she was flying.

In that stasis between the fall and the impact, Violet caught a glance at who had pushed her and wished if there was ever a second to chance to fix things with him, she would.

And forgive him.

XOXO

Violet heard buzzing overhead, her consciousness just piercing the veil of wakefulness. Above her, the buzzing dipped and soared irregularly, its volume booming like thunder. Soon enough, the buzzing began to crystallize into voices.

"...wouldn't have been this way if it weren't for you!" snarled one voice.

"Do you think I don't know that already?" snapped another one.

"You never cared about her! You never gave a damn about her unless it was for your own personal gain!"

"Do you think you're any better? You think you can wash away your disgusting past if she was with you, Pig?"

"At least I don't drive the girls I fuck to commit suicide!"

"How dare you!"

"James?" Violet croaked quietly, her eyelids weighing tons. "Jack?"