_bittersweet

WARNING: *coughs blood* SUPER LONG (and freakishly unedited) UPDATE AHEAD!!! ENJOY!!! Also, please excuse the product placement, I'm (sadly) not sponsored by any of the brands mentioned here. (Please sponsor me fancy shmancy brands I'm poor ;)

EDIT: I've decided to do a ***DOUBLE UPDATE*** instead of a SUPER LONG one so the next update will be up soon once I lightly revise it.

In the spacious bedroom of a vintage bed and breakfast sat Violet on one of the room's twin beds; she was disheveled and naked, save for the blanket covering her lap, and was preoccupied with capturing her naked muse on paper, who was splayed sideways on the bed in front of her. In her hand was a piece of charcoal that was blunted at the tip, its black particles sullying her fingers.

Violet's eyes remained squarely on her piece, disciplining herself from reacting to her model's attempts in rousing her attention--and her loins--with sultry gazes that would make world-wary prostitutes blush like untouched virgins. It was another one of their silent psychological sex games, a reversed recreation of the same seedy scenario they once partook in when Violet coveted the role of the nude muse.

"If you continue to look at me that way," Violet said, smudging charcoal with a finger, "I'll draw your head into a penis because that's what you're starting to look like right now."

The sound of Gin laughing maimed her like an arrow shot straight into her chest, but her face continued to feign indifference so that she wouldn't give away the true potency of his affect on her. She wasn't going to succumb to his seductions. Not yet anyway.

"Is that what I am to you? A giant, sentient penis?" Gin said, his gray eyes lit like silver coins reflecting moonlight.

Violet tried to keep her expression neutral but Gin's warm voice beckoned a smile from her.

"Isn't that what people are reduced to when it finally comes to it?" she countered. "We're all animals at the end of the day."

"Sex means different things for different people. For me, I couldn't thinking about anything when I was lodged deep inside—"

"Behave yourself."

"Hard to do when you look so fucking delectable, Love," Gin said seductively, his tongue slowly tracing the rim of his lips. "And I'm hungry."

Violet made a show of rolling her eyes at Gin while, at the same time, lowering her sketchbook to expose more of her ravishing body that glistened with a slick layer of sweat. The sight of Gin's smug expression devolving into one of captivated frustration morphed Violet's docile, playful smile into a shameless, provocative smirk.

"You're insatiable," Violet sighed, puckering her lips and leaning back to better expose her breasts. Violet sworn she could've heard something snap inside Gin's head.

"I'm not insatiable," Gin said, grinning. "I just can't get enough of you."

At that, Gin finally made his move. But instead of going through the motions of pushing her down on the bed and having his dastardly way with her--liked she'd initially hoped--Gin plopped himself beside Violet and studied the piece that she'd been working on for the past hour.

"You're better at drawing than me," Gin said with a toothless scowl. "You did a really good job shading my abs."

"I had a good model," she replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"You drew in my old tattoos. I almost forgot how they looked like."

A snowball of emotion wedged inside her throat, her eyes sweeping past the Gin of charcoal and paper to the Gin whose healed but grotesque burn scars ravaged his ruined shoulder. She stared at the red welts swelling over the fine line work that used to cap his shoulder like a tapestry spun from ink-coated spider's silk. His cloud covered moon that sat atop his shoulder was forever lost under the painful scars that now overtook it.