_go

It took me a while to write this chapter because I know that NO ONE and I mean like 60% of you won't like this chapter. But that's alright with me. It's just gonna make the ending of this first book all the worthwhile...

WARNING: I've given up on editing. Sort of. 

"Holly!"

All around Violet was empty black void. In front of her stood a door; it was slightly ajar, a thin thread of light lining the space between door and frame. 

She took a step forward. 

And then another. 

The closer she came to the door, the light peeking through its crevices beamed brighter. She took another step forward. But this time, she could hear something. 

Crying. 

It was the faintest of sounds, but as she crept closer to the door they became louder. Deafening. When Violet reached the door she hesitated. 

So, are you going to open the box and peek inside?

Violet grabbed hold of door knob. 

Fuck off Gin. 

Violet pulled the door open and gasped. 

It was the most ghastly scene she'd ever witnessed. 

All over the white and blue tiles of a bathroom was freshly spattered blood and human entrails. Pieces of intestine were strung across the floor like streamers. Bits of shredded organs stuck to the walls, the ceiling, the mirror like chewed up bubble gum.  

In the bathtub was a naked girl, her body halved like it had been torn into two, her jaw missing with only the upper teeth exposed. Long chunks of her chocolate brown hair were clumped together by the blood that had been soaked into it, and her emerald green eyes gazed up at the ceiling, glassy and lifeless like a doll's. 

Those eyes, Violet thought in spite of all the horror and the gore, where have I seen them before?

Beside the body was a boy--a teenager--drenched in blood. He was holding the upper half of the body, his hair the exact shade of the dead's girl. 

And he was crying. 

"Holly," the boy whimpered, his face buried into the body's shoulder, "Holly, please don't leave me! Don't leave me Holly!"

Holly?

"Holly, don't leave me with Dad. You can't. You can't leave me like this!"

Dad?

Before Violet even had the chance to blink, the boy, the body, and the blood flickered. If Violet blinked in the millisecond that it occurred she would've missed it. When she listened closely to the boy's voice, it sounded crackly and distorted like the staticized sounds from a radio.

A glitch?

Violet walked cautiously towards the boy and knelt beside him. Could he hear me?  

Slowly, she reached for the boy, her hand trembling, her heart thumping against her rib cage. And then, without realizing it, she touched the boy. Or rather, her hand went through the boy. 

Violet recoiled her hand back. Is it...

With less timidness, Violet reached out for the boy again and ran her hand through the boy a few times. And with each time, she would feel her fingers vibrate slightly as if her hand was slicing through a hum.