_kidnap

My birthday just happened recently and it made me realize how many people in my life appreciate me existing. It's a rad concept if you think about it.

I hope y'all like the (short) update! There's no turning back now >:D

Enjoy!

There was nothing like being in the loving embrace of another person. Nothing could quite replicate the cessation of time, the blind security that another person's arms could do after a hectic afternoon of packing, planning, and promises.

On the cramped cot of Violet's bed, Gin and Violet were resting together, waiting for the sun to set over the horizon and the school's guard to be down. In the corner of Violet's room were a pile of duffel bags heavy with money and the basest of necessities. Because they were going to do something crazy.

They were going to run away with each other.

During the car ride from the cemetery, Gin confessed that he no longer felt the need to remain in Amantes any longer. The primary reason he stayed at the damned place was to complete a clause in his late grandfather's will stating he must finish his boarding school studies to inherit a fortune worth the GDP of a small country.

"I don't need their money," he told her in the car. "I don't want them to control my life any longer."

Gin had also made it clear to Violet that it was no longer safe for her to stay in Amantes now that her safeguards--Jack and James--were gone.

"Will you run away with me?" he proposed to her.

Violet accepted it without a fight.

Their plan was simple: pack their bags and leave Amantes under the cover of night. Gin had already wired himself enough money for them to live comfortably for a long, long time so finances weren't going to be problem. Fake IDs and papers were a breeze to obtain for someone as crafty and resourceful as Gin. Their getaway car was always handled. The only issue at the heart of this plan laid solely only Violet.

What was going to happen from here on out?

Did she even see this world as a game anymore?

"Are you having regrets?"

Violet looked up from her own thoughts and stared into the mercury whirlpools of Gin's eyes. They were laying face to face, their heads occupying one pillow, his hands sweeping up and down the length of her spine.

"No," Violet replied, her hands rubbing the blades of his shoulders. "When it comes to you, regrets don't exist in my vocabulary."

"How about 'concerns'? 'Worries'?"

"You have those too."

Gin nudged Violet's forehead with his own, his eyes bearing down on hers. "Is there anything I could do to make you feel better?"

"I don't think there's much you could do," she replied, averting her gaze. "I'm so far gone at this point, I can't...I don't feel it's necessary to think too much about the future. I just want this."

Snuggling against his chest, Violet hid her face from Gin and his sharp eagle eyes. It was hard lying to a living lie detector.

Thankfully, Gin did not dig into the subject any further and merely nuzzled into her hair. "I just want this too."

She smiled. "We've come a long way, huh?"

Since the day Violet felt the cold steel of Gin's eyes for the first time at that cafeteria, Violet knew that Gin would take her to interesting places. Little did she know, the bad boy with the infuriating smirk and coal tipped fingers would take her to places she could never imagine, places Violet never would have braved venturing with her closed off, cynical heart. It terrified her how much this felt like the end of a long, LCD-laced journey through Hell and heaven and back again, but the comforting embrace of Gin's arms allowed her to believe, for a moment, that that small, dangerous little thing existed in her closed off, cynical world: hope.