_flirt

With adrenaline pumping through her veins and her legs ready to combust into flames, Violet ran through the woodland path as agile as a rabbit being hunted down by a ravenous wolf. She heard the quick and weighty footsteps of a man inching closer towards her from behind and she quickened her already rapid pace and lengthened her already extended strides.

She tried losing her pursuer by weaving in between trees and leaping over fallen logs and rocks as if they were race hurdles, but no matter which strategy she used she always heard his speedy footsteps shadowing her.

There were some moments when the man's pace slowed like when an obstacle in the forest caused Violet to stumble or during her short random spurts of speed. However, whenever she had the smallest inkling of hope that she'd lost him, she heard his footsteps closing in on her the very next second.

Cocky bastard is toying with me, she thought as she sprinted towards an opening that lead to the back of the school. With every ounce of strength she had left, she sped towards the glowing entrance that was lit by the early morning sunlight peaking through the horizon.

"I'm gonna make it," she huffed. She was nearly a step away from the opening when she felt an arm coil around her waist from behind and haul her back into the darkness of the forest.

"No!" she cried. "I was so close!"

Violet tried to escape the arms that were lifting her off the ground by twisting and shaking from their hold but they would not budge an inch.

"I caught you," she heard being whispered into her ear. The coarse, rough timbre of the voice caused her to shudder and her heart to palpitate.

"Let me down Jack," Violet whined, her fists limply hitting his solid muscular arms. "I get it, you won this time!"

The man that pursued her chuckled and placed Violet lightly on her feet. After patting herself down and slowing down her breathing she eyed the gentle giant whose hair was swept perfectly (he is a game character) and whose eyes sparkled like a child's on Christmas. Violet wasn't sure if it was the cardio workout or him that caused her heart to pound faster than usual, but she found Jack to be very, very attractive whenever he was doing something physical.

He was a jock character after all.

And like most jock characters, she wasn't surprised when, after she'd found herself in bed at five in the morning in the virtual world, that Jack was knocking at her dorm's door in full jogging gear. Violet was by no means an exercise-oriented person but she did enjoy the simulated feeling of exercise that afforded her the illusion of accomplishing something praiseworthy.

"How come you're not as tired as I am?" Violet said. She was bent over with her hands resting on her knees panting heavily.

"Me? I guess I'm used to it," he said without a hint of fatigue.

"Smug bastard."

"Princess."

Violet grinned at that but she quickly wiped off her smile and whacked Jack on the chest.

"Ow!"

"I dare you to say that again," she threatened but the expression on her face threatened to fall way to a grin.

"Hey, just because you're as small as a chihuahua doesn't mean you have a free pass to assault me. Princess."

Jack placed his hand over the spot where she'd hit him like he had been stabbed there, but the playful smirk on his lips and his shining, child-like eyes told her that he was in no way harmed.

"Why you--" Before she could say anything else she found herself flung over Jack's shoulder like a hunting trophy.

"Let me down you caveman!" she said again, her balled fists hitting his broad iron back.