_fingers

I'm not gonna lie I ALMOST put Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe as the video insert of this chapter because (1) the title (2) CRJ is Canadian, eh and (3) the MV to the song has one of the best plot twists I've ever seen in a MV (it's what made the MV for me really). I guess you guys have to put up with this "Daddy" anthem up here because, y'know, the chapter is all about, y'know, A CERTAIN "DADDY" CHARACTER (ω ) Y'know.

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT ALERT. SLIGHTLY LEMONY. OKAY, REALLY LEMONY. *le sigh* Maybe I should face the facts and label this book as erotica mixed in with philosophy, melodrama, and Harry Potter references. WTF am I writing these days ( ω)

+This chapter is ROUGH and DIRTY and...overrun with too many overrun sentences hahaha sorry (°͈°͈)

She felt the tips of someone's fingers glide the smooth curve of her cheek as wakefulness crept in on her. The touch was soft, a whisper that would've been unheard if her consciousness wasn't arising from the darkness of sleep little by little by little.

She made an annoyed hum and swatted the fingers away before burrowing herself deeper into her pillow. The sound of someone chuckling tickled her ears.

Slowly, she opened her eyes that were crusty and sticky like half dried glue. Her vision adjusted to the light, blurring before clearing. What emerged from the morning sludge was a thing of beauty; messy, auburn hair, tired but twinkling russet whisky eyes, a smile sweeter than sugar painted on a face as angelic as a god's.

"Did I wake you up?" he said, his voice deep like the colour of his eyes.

She let out another soft grunt before closing her eyes. She heard him chuckling again.

"Keep sleeping Violet."

The tips of his fingers brushed her cheek again, sweeping her hair over her temple. She heard him settle into the bed, serenity sinking her black to slumber.

It was then that Viola snapped her eyes open. Screaming, Viola leapt from the bed, her eyes darting around the mattress.

There was no one.

Panting heavily as beads of cold sweat collected on her forehead, Viola lifted her chipped painted nails to her face. They were purple. Viola scanned her room. Ivory walls covered in an eclectic arrangement of art prints and sticky notes. A messy queen-sized bed blanketed by a mismatched bed set and a mountain of fresh, unfolded laundry. A crowded gaming dock, her working desk, her heavily stuffed bookshelf--this was her RL room.

She was in RL.

But I saw him! I felt him touching me! I fucking heard him!

Viola stared at her bed. There was no second indentation on the pillow next to her's in the bed. There was no second dip in the memory foam mattress that told her that her bed held another while she was resting atop of it.

It was just her.

Viola looked at her nails again that were painted a cosmic purple, her favourite colour.

Keep sleeping Violet.

Keep sleeping.

XOXO