_code

FIVE. THOUSAND. READS. HOLY. SHIT. THANK. YOU.

THANK. YOU.

THANK. YOU!

WARNING: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHBOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIII Bet you didn't see that coming (*TT*)

Also, please tell me what you think of this chapter when you're done! I'm a pathetic,needy loser that needs constant acknowledgement ('ω')

***To make things 100% more clear, the quotes in italics (without dialogue tags) are 100% Violet's thoughts. 

"... and, when he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun."

Just stab me like Mercutio and end me already.

If Violet had to listen to one more NPC quote from Romeo and Juliet  again, she would've thrown a chair through her classroom's window and gladly forgo one of her three lives. The only thing keeping her from fulfilling her burning desire for a "sweet and eternal sleep" was the glasses-totting Apollo standing at the front of the classroom listening to the NPC's regurgitation of the star-crossed Juliet with unmitigated focus.

It was obvious what the game developers were aiming for when they created the scenario that was playing before Violet like a badly staged poetry slam.

Have the hot male teacher assign students the task of choosing a poem related to their unit about romance poetry.

Have said students recite their chosen piece to the class.

In front of said hot male teacher.

Original.

The scene was scaffolded that way so the protagonist could outright seduce her target under the innocent guise of completing a straightforward English assignment. Unfortunately for Violet, the NPCs of the game thought similarly and used the opportunity to spew quote after quote of Romeo and Juliet, along with a few tragic miscarriages of "original" writing.

Tuning out the thinly-veiled cheesy pronouncements of love for their beloved English teacher, Violet glanced at the empty desk at her side--again--and sighed. Gin decided to skip class for the episode, saying, "I'd rather sever my own testicles than recite romance poetry to that pretentious fuck."

The memory coaxed a smile from Violet's earlier chagrin. Gin had a flair for language and drama unlike any of the NPCs who were currently volleying petrified dog shit into her abused ears.

"Ms. Leigh do you have anything prepared for us?"

Violet snapped her eyes to the front of the room and stood up with a rolled up notebook in hand. Her heart palpitated when her eyes met the hazel irises of the man who caused her heart's rhythm to rhyme out of sync on many an occasion. This time however, her heart did not palpitate because of a tender desire to jump his bones--or suck his big one.

Unrolling her scroll, Violet looked down at her hastily written script and read...a piece by William Shakespeare.

Ironic, I know.

Straightening her back, Violet cleared the phlegm in her throat and began speaking. "Today, I'm going to be sharing a piece by Shakespeare. It's not from Romeo and Juliet, but I feel like it needs to be said and heard."

Once she felt she was ready to speak, Violet recited her lines to the class.

"Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Ye all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep. Sir, I am vex'd;
Bear with my weakness; my, brain is troubled:
Be not disturb'd with my infirmity:
If you be pleased, retire into my cell
And there repose: a turn or two I'll walk,
To still my beating mind."