17 | Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"We're cousins by blood, growing up side by side. He won't admit it, but I'm the reason he's the guild leader today." She then spun around, wrapping her fingers am the doorknob, twisting it open to reveal a grand looking room.

Although the rest of the headquarters was a mahogany interior, this specific room had sturdy stone walls, filled with banners and weapons of all shapes and sizes.

The crisp morning sun poured through a large glass door that led to a balcony, creating a soothing warmth to hug at Maceys body. The light created a sheen to glare off the weapons and armour that was littered about, blinding her for a mere second before Raine appeared in her line of sight again. She continued to follow, walking past a large round table that looked like it could seat about eighteen people all at once, watching her open up the balcony door, where two voices caught her ears, and a foul smell lingered up her nose. Nicotine?

"So do we have a deal?"

It was a man's voice, one that had a heavy British accent, sounding real suave yet smug at the same time. Macey crooned, tippy-toeing to see who this person was, impressed with the rather regal emphasis. But all that she could see past Raine was another female in light bronze armour, twirling a lock of her dark charcoal hair.

"Only if we're still on for that date," chimed the female with a coy flirtatious tone to her voice.

Raine cleared her throat, making the armoured female hesitate from taking another step forward. The smell of nicotine began to be too much for Macey, who let out a couple of muffled coughs.

"Sorry for barging in on this non-important conversation," said Raine with an abundant amount of sarcasm. "I was beginning to think the meeting was over yet here I am, looking at a Dragoon croonie trying to flirt her way to a decent date."

The female scoffed. "Well I was—"

But she was then cut off by Raine, who hissed through her teeth, moving to the side while looking down at her watch."Oh, look at the time. Your relevance ended ten minutes ago. Beat it."

An unimpressed look grooved across the armoured females face, causing her to storm off in a huff, rudely bumping into Macey. A sneer left Raines lips, which then narrowed her eyes towards the only other person on the balcony — Logan.

"Someone wants to join the guild," Raine said with a stern tone of voice, stepping sideways so that she could signal towards Macey to step a little closer. He was leaning over the balcony with a flume of smoke hovering above his head.

"What, the Summoners guild?" he asked with a small chuckle leaving his mouth.

Raine rolled her eyes and sneered. "No, it's the White Enhancers — of course, it's the Summoners guild idiot."

He kept on chuckling, slowly turning around to see Macey widen her eyes at him, slightly letting her mouth hang open. I'm not sure whether to be attracted to him or slap him across the face.

Logan had a cigarette in his hand, flicking it off to the side, letting this maniacal smirk stretch across his face. His fingers brushed through his short blonde hair, before he tucked them into his ripped black jeans, tilting his head to the side. He had these stunning baby blue eyes that surveyed Macey from afar before he began to make his way closer towards her.

"You wanna join the guild?" he said so smoothly, with his smirk revealing a beautiful set of dimples in his cheeks.

Logan then squinted his eyes at her neck, then shook his head before noticing Snowpea standing behind her.