Chapter Eighteen.

Finally night came around. We were all in my room, me, Abby, Charlotte and Robyn. Robyn actually didn’t take much convincing and after many questions from her she was happy enough having gained enough knowledge. 

Daniel and Mark proceeded to go home as did Ace to my disappointment but I still had the girls and we were currently watching a film when suddenly Charlotte gasped. All eyes fell on her as she moved quickly to turn the TV off. It was strange behaviour in my eyes as well as others, but see, for Charlotte it was just odd behaviour. I knew for a fact she loved the horror film we were watching so turning it off like that was strange.

“I have an idea!” she exclaimed.

“What?” Robyn asked.

“Let’s have a séance”.

“No. Nooo. No. Nope” I said standing up and walking to the window where I opened it to let in a little air.

“Oh come on!” Charlotte exclaimed.

“Why?” Robyn asked.

“So we can talk to Emily and find out what it is she wants once and for all” Charlotte replied with a crazy smile on her face. I still wasn’t convinced and by the looks of it neither were the others.

“Oh come on. What about a Ouija board instead?” Abby asked.

“Nope. Plus we don’t have one” I replied.

“Well Robyn can conjure one” Charlotte replied.

God, she had an answer for everything this girl.

“Robyn can what?” Robyn asked Charlotte meaning she wasn’t doing it. I smiled. That’s my girl.

Charlotte rolled her eyes before getting up and beginning to clear all the pillows and make room. After that she walked over to my bed and reached underneath. I watched as she pulled out the chest I always kept there.

She pushed it open and grabbed the number of candles that lay in there before bringing them back over to the middle. Charlotte was determined and nothing was going to stop her. Sighing I sat down and watched as Charlotte prepared for the séance. 

She placed five candles in the centre of us. She used the tallest one in the centre and then had four smaller ones surrounding it. She then handed out the four remaining candles. She muttered a little chant under her breath and then sat down cross legged like the rest of us. With a lighter she went around the surrounding candles in the centre and lit them up. Each one that lit up lit another in our hands because they were linked.

“So, Abby, you’re the only one actually blood related to her. Only you can call her” Charlotte informed her.

I watched as Abby visibly swallowed before she spoke up.

“Emily Bennett. I, Abby Bennett-Gilbert call on my ancestor and ask her to appear before us all” she said as calmly as she could.

The window snapped shut and wind blew out all the candles leaving us in utter darkness for a single second until Emily appeared before us. As she appeared before us the candles lit once again, only this time they were bigger, brighter. They were stronger.

“Hello girls” Emily greeted us.

None of us said hello in return. Robyn was watching in complete shock as Abby just smiled slightly at the sight of her as did Charlotte. I could of gone without seeing her to be perfectly honest. It wouldn’t of ruined my night.

“Robyn. I believe a congratulations is in order and well done on your first vampire kill” Emily praised.

Robyn who was shocked was now smiling at Emily as well as Abby and Charlotte.

“Make sure you teach her how to fight correctly though Luna. I feel that is not going to be the last” Emily warned me.

I looked up at her to see the honesty on her face and nodded my head.

“Well done to you as well for figuring it out. I did spread my powers amongst you girls. All four of you deserve them and I was happy to pass them on to the next generation. Just make sure you use them to protect the medallion” Emily told us.

Everyone’s eyes landed on the medallion including mine.

“Such a small thing and yet so much trouble” I muttered.

I looked up to catch Emily nodding her head in agreement with me. 

“So, as far as powers. Here is how I divided them between you girls. Robyn. I gave you the art of conjuring. Your whole life you have wanted and fought for it. In the end, you’ve noticed that not everything that you want is what you really need. This is why I have given you the art of conjuring. I know you will use this gift maturely” Emily explained.

Robyn smiled at her, “Thank you Emily”.

Emily smiled in return before turning to Abby.

“Abby. My beautiful daughter. You were a born witch. You’ve felt that feeling of the connection to the Earth, the life all around you. You’ve taken it in. You’ve cared for it and you’ve shown your love for it. That is why I gave you the natural power of the Earth, the Elemental powers” Emily told her.

Abby had tears in her eyes, overjoyed of finally receiving her powers and promised to protect them all she could before thanking her ancestor.

She then turned to Charlotte and smiled.

“Charlotte. You are a very optimistic and perky person. You were given your power by God himself. It is very rare when you hear of a witch being born into a human family. You were born with the gift of sight. You could always see the future, sometimes clear and sometimes not. I gave you the other half of the power. Seeing the past enables you not to wonder why no longer. You can see why, the reason behind it all. You deserved it” Emily said.

Charlotte smiled and thanked Emily before she turned to me.

“Luna. A heart as pure as you mother and fathers but you have an attitude resemblance to Damon in your sarcastic ways. You are very protective of friends, family and sometimes strangers. You are always ready for a fight. You’ve been through so much in your sixteen years of life and you are managing really well. I have given you the rest of my powers. As much as it is a blessing, it is a curse. These powers are a lot stronger and can weaken a normal witch, that is why I have given them you. They will come in handy as you grow older. Always remember the side effects of people around you though” she warned before smiling and leaving. 

I was shocked. I had the rest of her powers. I had the rest of her powers. Going on her words they seemed dangerous. If I were stuck up, I probably would of started a rant calling her every name under the sun when really I was happy, not because I had the most powers or anything, but because I had the powers to protect my friends with and it wouldn’t weaken me like it would for them. Emily had chosen wisely. Maybe I underestimated the type of woman she is.