Chapter Twenty One.

I calmed my frantic beating heart and slowed my breathing down. I closed my eyes and cleared my mind of all thoughts. I began to connect with my surroundings spiritually. I concentrated on each of the elements for a minute or so until my eyes snapped open. I opened my mouth.

I spoke loud and fast. The language I was speaking was a whole different thing for me. I had never heard of it but I seemed to know it and understand what I was saying and knew that this was the correct thing to do.

Minutes passed and I felt like I was getting no where. All my actions seemed to have no affect and it was physically draining to muster up all this magic for it just to stay bottled up within me pushing against the surface to attempt to make it open up and set my magic free.

I turned to Emily who wore a sad smile.

"What am I doing wrong?" I asked.

She didn't reply. I knew that she would do anything she could to try and make me stop and see sense if I could and even though she was helping me in her own way, did not mean that she was happy about the situation. I contemplated whether the Emily was stopping my magic but I knew that was one thing she definitely would not do.

I sighed.

I was ready to give up and fight Damon so he would not hurt my cousin when a thought struck me. I was a born Vampire creature thing so to speak. The powers I had were given to me like a wrapped present for me to open. I did not have that natural bond or connection as it were to the earth and even if I did it definitely was not as strong as one would experience being a born witch.

I knew what I had to do and I had to act quickly.

Knowing Ace far to well to know that he would never leave his home without some kind of weapon I ran over to him and began searching through his pockets.

"What the - Luna, what the hell do you think you're doing?" he asked in utter confusion and a little outraged.

My hands landed on a pocket knife stuffed away in his back pocket. His eyes widened as he realised what my plan was but I was quick to react and backed up into the cyrcle. He went to step forward and stop me but the power of the cyrcle acted as a force field protecting itself and it's creators which technically was myself and Emily since I used what was left of the cyrcle she created years ago.

"I'm sorry" I told him.

"Please don't do this" Ace begged.

"I have to" I replied.

From the corner of my eye I saw Damon watching my every move, the worry visible upon his features although I don't know why. If he cared that much then he wouldn't of thought to act the way he did.

I pulled the knife up to my forearm and made one long incision down my arm. As the blood flowed from my wound I rushed to drop blood on each of the elements. I let a single drop fall on the burning log, into the drop of water. I watched as it turned a light red before continuing on to let a drop of my blood fall onto the spinning windmill and then the small plant.

Instantly I felt my bonds to these items began to strengthen. It should work now. I took another deep breath as I walked back into position. I repeated the same actions as before. I calmed my breathing and closed my eyes. I concentrated on the elements and then opened my mouth.

The same ancient language that I spoke before escaped from my mouth. I began to feel either the earth or myself shake. I felt almost a dripping feeling. I opened my eyes and lifted my hand to my nose where I felt it. When I pulled it away, blood covered my hand and arm. From the position of the blood falling it was obvious that blood was also dripping from my eyes like tears.

I wiped away blood from my mouth also.

So far so good yeah.

"Please stop Luna, please!" Ace begged.

"Listen to him!"

I gasped and turned to face my parents. They were here. They were here. No matter how many times I told myself that or how many times I stared at them in disbelief, I still couldn't believe it.

I shook my head, "I'm sorry" I told them.

I began the incantation again, louder, stronger, more powerful. This time it definitely was the earth shaking beneath me. More blood fell, I could feel it and then it all stopped. My incantations stopped and the magic stopped. The burning log danced its last flame, the red water dried up so that it was no longer existent, the windmill stopped spinning and the plant stopped growing until it was half my size.

The tomb door with a loud creak slid open. Once it was fully open the fire of each of the candles blew out and I fell to the floor from the exhaustion. I heard people all around me call my name and I was unsure whether I heard Damon call my name also.

Arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me up so that I was leaning against something solid. Instantly I knew that it was Ace. Gently he shook me. My eyes felt like they weighed hundreds of pounds but I pried them open and turned to face Ace and my parents.

My mom fussed about me as she wiped away all the blood and inspected my arm. I needed to regain my energy and what I really needed was some blood. My father was the first to realise this.

"Damon" Stefan said calmly, "At this point I don't care that much, I am only concerned for my daughter. She needs blood. Hand me that bag" he instructed.

Damon sighed, "Sorry bro, no can do. Katherine hasn't had blood in years so surly she can last longer, she isn't even a full Vampire like the rest of us" he said in protest.

My father opened his mouth to answer, but I spoke over him.

"It's fine" I told him before standing up on shaky legs and heavy breathing. Once I was steady depending on Ace more than anyone I looked up to Damon and looked him straight in the eye.

"Lead on" I told him.