Chapter Nine.

Stupid crow, was all that went through my mind, waking me up. I sighed and opened my eyes. I instantly wish I never did. I spun my head, taking in my surroundings. I was in the forest, no doubt about that.

Oh my god!.

There was no way.

And yet, here I was.

I was in front of the ruins of Fell's Church. There was no way. What, how was that even possible?. I admit I had dreamed of the place. I had only ever been once. It was when I was younger and my parents came home to visit without Uncle Damon. Taking into account my age they really couldn't been seen out in public, so they brought me here to the ruins.

Ruins.

It makes it sound so old and horrible. Okay, sure it was old but not in a million years was is ugly. Even after the war, and it was ruined, parts that still stood, stood strong and beautiful. I had been meaning to return to this church, and take pictures for projects and just to capture the natural beauty of the area but I still had yet to do that.

Is it stupid that, at that point, I felt angry with myself because I had some how managed to find my way to the church whilst I was asleep and yet I had not brought my camera.

I sat there for a moment. My eyes stayed securely on one spot of the church. It wasn't the church I was concentrating on though. I was concentrating on recalling my dream. My dream had been weird, nothing I had ever had before.

There was a women, who reacurred in the dream over and over again in small flashes. She had the same beautiful chocolate complexion as my Aunt Bonnie. The more I thought that over, the more I realised they had similar features also. 

This woman was called Emily, and she continued to warn me. 

This is where it started, and this is where it must end Luna.

This is what she told me repeatedly.

But what started?

And what must end?

More importantly why was I the chosen one to end this?

I scrambled to my feet. My eyes scanned the church quickly before I turned around and jogged away. That place, it was giving me a weird vibe being there. I walked away, picking up my pace until I was in a full on run, going the same speed as every other Vampire could.

I burst through the back door to the kitchen only to startle everyone in there. I didn't care for that though, I went straight to the cabinet, opened a bottle of bourbon and drank the whole contents.

"Luna, where the hell have you been?" Abby exclaimed.

"Language!" Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Jeremy said in strict tones.

I faced Abby.

I began linking the similarities between her and Emily. Oh god! There was so many. I placed the bottle down on the counter top and made my way to my room. Not alone on the other hand as I heard the shuffle of feet from a handful of people.

"Luna?" Stefan asked, "Luna what's wrong?".

I done a full one eighty degree turn to face them, surprising my mother who was just stood right behind me.

"Nothing OK? It doesn't matter!" I growled before continuing my way up the stairs.

They ignored me and followed me up to my room. Once I had stepped just inside my room I slammed the door behind me and locked it. Being out in the forest I knew I would really need a shower.

I quickly stripped down to nothing and hopped in the shower. I let the water rain down on my skin, leaving me tingling. After a few moments, I pulled out my soap and began to wash myself.

Once out of the shower I began to get dressed. Like a normal day I would have to stress over my outfit but not today. Robyn had text me late the night before telling me that there was a change of plan in our schedule for the day, and a lot more cheer leading training was taking place.

I dressed in my cheerleading outfit, ran a brush through my hair and pulled my hair back into a high ponytail. I quickly applied some make up on, brushed my teeth, placed my contacts in and I was ready to go. I grabbed my bag and my p.e bag also containing Erin's shoes. I had been meaning to give them back since the day she let me borrow them and yet I hadn't gotten round to it.

Not wanting another run in with my parents I leapt from my window. I didn't give myself a moment as I landed, I took off, making sure no one spotted me.

In minutes I was outside the school just in time for the bell to ring. Students immediately began shuffling into the school. As I walked the curb to the school I noticed Ace sat outside in his 4x4 watching Erin and the others pour into the school. 

I began running in order to catch him before he left, so when I opened the door, he was a little startled. I laughed and leaned my bag on the passenger seat, tearing it open and grabbing Erin's shoes.

"Hello to you too" he said.

I smiled again, placed the shoes on the floor of his car and backed up.

"I have to go" I told him.

"Wait".

I looked up for the first time and looked Ace in the eyes.

"What's up?" he asked.

"W-what? Nothing, why?" I asked.

"Don't lie to me Luna" Ace warned me.

I sighed, "It's nothing".

"Obviously not. Come on, hop in" he told me patting the chair next to him. 

I looked up from the chair to Ace and back. If my parents, heck, if any of my family found out I ditched school they would be pissed off, but, you only live once right.

Well, not in my case.