Chapter Seven.

It was gone eight when me and my parents left for lunch. I was nervous as I sat in the back of the car. Not knowing what to do I just fumbled around with my phone, searching though things. I tapped on my phone book and the first name I was greeted by was Ace (Mr. Sexy).

I rolled my eyes, this was just something Ace would do.

I decided to text him.

Since when did your number get into my fone Mr. Sexy???

Not too long after my phone vibrated.

So you admit it ;) 

Typical Ace.

I've seen better

I smirked to myself as I sent it. I was distracted from all thought when the car suddenly stopped.

Surprisingly dinner with my parents wasn't as bad as I imagined. I thought it was going to be awkward and we would have nothing to talk about, but it was actually quite the opposite. I left the restaurant with a smile on my face.

The ride home was very silent like the way there. I pulled my phone out and saw that I had one unread message from Ace. Glancing at his name once again, I think I should really change his name. Don't get me wrong I liked the name, it's just, what if he one day accidentally got his hands on my phone and saw that I still hadn't changed his name, what would my lame excuse be, I forgot?.

Pfft, yeah right, but . . . 

Until that day comes, it wouldn't hurt to leave it like that would it?.

I opened the text to see he had just wrote one simple word, Liar ;)

You had no idea Ace, you truly didn't.

It was at that moment, reading over just the few texts did I notice something within myself, I was falling hard for this guy. The guy who is best friends with my father and uncle no doubt. If this was a normal situation it would be considered sick by many.

But this isn't a normal situation, the voice in the back of my head nagged at me.

Shut up! Your not exactly helping are you?

Oh my god. It's official. I was losing my mind.

Can't lose what you never had.

Shut up! Your me!

Great, now I was having arguments with myself.

"Luna".

My head snapped up to my parents who had both turned in their seats to face me. 

"Yeah?" I asked.

Stefan and Elena looked at each other uneasily. Straight away I knew something was wrong.

"Mom" I whispered.

"Honey I'm sorry" she began.

Oh no! Please! Seriously!

"I've hardly seen you two!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry sweetie" Stefan tried to comfort me.

I can't believe it! They were leaving again!.

I couldn't speak, air caught in my throat as a lump formed. I quickly pushed open my door and took off into the forest. I ignored my parents calls asking me to stop and let my vampire senses take over completely, allowing me to run faster than I ever had before.

I couldn't tell you how long I was running for. I knew it had been a long time. My family's voices hadn't been heard in a while. Looking back, I decided it was safe to slow down. It was a good thing to because my feet were going to be the death of me

Note to self : do not run in heels.

I noticed a fallen tree not so far away. I stumbled over to it. Looks like I wasn't going back home anytime soon anyway if they were leaving. I sighed to myself, which turned into a groan when the heavens opened up and poured all over me. Stupid, typical Mystic Falls weather.

I froze at the sound of something rustling. Slowly I turned my head to the left to see a black figure run past, dodging trees and using them as obsitcles to hide behind. My eyes widened in horror before I jumped up and began running away.

I didn't get very far before I ran into something though. I shut my eyes and screamed. Don't ask me why I done this, it was just my reaction.

"Luna!".

I immediately stopped screaming and opened my eyes. It was Ace stood before me. I sighed in relief before letting myself fall into his arms, my legs beginning to feel like jelly.

"Luna?" Ace asked, concern clearly evident in his voice, "Are you alright?".

I nodded slowly, pulling back slightly so I could see him.

"Sorta. Just don't frighten me again please" I whispered.

Ace said nothing in response just wrapped his arms more tightly around me. I don't remember much after that. I think I fell asleep.