Chapter Twenty Four.

“Get out of here” I ordered the other two.

With a flick of my hand they were both sent hurdling backwards out of the attic. Again with another flick of my hand and I shut the door behind them locking it. I made a mental note to summon Emily just to thank her for the extra power boost.

But there was time for that later, right now I had a thirsty Vampire heading my way with fangs bared ready to sink through my skin and drink until the void of his thirst was full reaching its capacity. Like I was going to let that happen. I flung him backwards as well and as he went flying I dashed to the find something, anything that would kill him.

The door I had shut began to rattle as Ace banged on it from the other side shouting my name and ordering for me to open it. I ignored him and continued to look for something until finally my eyes landed on a fallen chair across the room.

I sprinted across the hard wood floor and ripped the chair leg off breaking it so that the end was sharp which would make it easier for me to penetrate the Vampires skin.

Out of nowhere it was I who was next sent flying as two strong arms wrapped around my waist knocking the chair leg out of my hands. I struggled against his hold as he fought back but somehow and I am not even going to question how because I am just so grateful, I got away.

The chair leg had slid across the floor and landed not so far away from the hole in the wall where this crazy Vampire had crashed through. I reached down and scooped it up with my hand and turned to face the Vampire when yet again I was sent flying only this time again I had taken the Vampire with me and we were falling, not to the hard wood floor like I hoped but falling through the air so that we landed on wet grass.

We turned and tumbled fighting each other until I was pinning him down. I reached up high above my head to plunge the broken chair leg through his chest when he held on to his last ounce of strength and turned us over so that he was pinning me.

“I would say sorry but I am not. You and the rest of your family deserve to die and plus this job was given to me and I will gladly do so” he said before clenching his fist in my hair and yanking my head making me whimper in pain.

Then his fangs sunk into my neck. The pain was excruciating and I found myself biting down on my lip to stop myself from crying out in pain. Slowly I began to feel numb. My home made weapon slipped from my hand. I grew cold, so cold that I was positive if I were to breath a cloud of mist would emerge.

My vision grew fuzzy and the sound of him drinking my blood filled my ears and not for once did I like it. Slowly I felt my eyes begin to close and the life drain from my body. Then in a flash I went from feeing numb and cold to feeling warm inside and happy even.

I opened my eyes to be surrounded by fields that went on for miles and a peaceful sky. In the distance I could see two golden gates. In anticipation I ran to them with a smile on my face but my mind was clouded. At a point like this common sense would say why aren’t I asking myself where am I, but at that point I simply did not care.

Not far from the gates I saw two people emerge walking with a slight glow to them smiling and holding hands. A young couple deeply in love was what I saw and their smiles were clearly infectious as I found myself smiling along with them.

They came closer and closer to me until they were stood just before me and I had to gasp. They were the image of me, well my mom really and Uncle Jeremy. It was then that it hit me.

“Grandma? Grandpa?”