Chapter Ten.

Ace and I didn't speak during the car ride. I just stared at the natural beauty around me. While doing this, at the same time I was mentally scolding myself for getting in the car with Ace. I really shouldn't of, I had responsibilities to my school life.

And yet here I was letting everyone down again.

I sighed softly and grabbed my phone which had been pressed between the waist band of my skirt and my skin. It felt warm in my palm but I ignored that and proceeded to text Robyn, telling her change of plan and I wasn't going in.

It wasn't even a full minute later that I received a reply from her. It wasn’t a short reply either.

WHAT?!?! Luna!!! U promised!!!!! I needed you here today, it is getting harder and harder for me to keep up, in case u forgot, I’m pregnant!!!!!!!.

That text left me feeling a little hurt, but the thing was, she was right, I wasn’t there for her at that moment when I should have been. Seconds after my phone buzzed again

Listen, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be that bitchy but, you know, I’m on my own today, Daniel nor Mark aren’t here and now your not.

Mark and Daniel not in school? What’s up with that?.

Don’t worry about it babe. I’ll see you after school, I’ll make plans with ya k?.

My reply came shortly after and her answer was yes. I smiled to myself, feeling happy having cleared that up between us felt much better. I then went on to text Mark. I had to wait a little longer for his reply because it didn’t come straight away.

Police are here, new evidence on Vicki’s death.

That’s all that was put, all that was explained, and I literally felt my heart stop and ice run through my veins. Was it right to say I was scared? Because I sure felt scared.

“Luna”.

The sound of his voice made me jump. I snapped my head a little to quickly to the side to face Ace.

“We’re here, come on” he said.

He was already outside, leaning against the door. I nodded my head and swung the passenger side door open. I lifted both my bags and Erin’s converse up and shut the door behind me. I followed Ace into the house. It was just as warm and as inviting as the last time. I sighed and smiled to myself. My shoulders fell a little and I instantly relaxed.

With a smile still on my face I placed my bags down and slipped my feet out of my black converse. When I turned I saw Ace leaning against the wall watching me with a small smirk on his face. I smiled up to him before closing the distance between us and wrapped my arms around his waist. He reacted instantly by wrapping his arms around me and pulling me tighter to him.

“I’m sorry” I said.

He chuckled lightly, “Sorry? Sorry for what?” he asked.

I shrugged, not really knowing how to answer to that. 

Ace pulled away from me and placed my hand in his. He then lead me through to the lounge and sat me down on the sofa. I had never been in his lounge before so I took my time to take it all in.

This room, although had touches of Ace all over, wasn’t exactly a room decorated by Ace himself. The walls were separated by a wooden border that trailed across each wall. The top half of the room was a light colour, like a milky chocolate mixed with purple, I don’t really know how to describe it, but it was beautiful and went well with the chocolate brown used as the second colour for the bottom.

The floor was a dark wooden colour that matched all wooden furniture like the cabinet holding all the alcohol I had my eye on and the unit the flat screen TV was on.

Now the touches of Ace, was of course, the alcohol, which I was still eyeing up, the TV along with the X-box, PS3, a DVD player and a stack of action and horror movies. Also, the wall where the fire was held was covered, almost like in a gallery way. The pictures were of Ace and his family through the years. 

“Luna”.

My attention fell on Ace. He was sat just a little bit away on the sofa. I brought my feet up on the sofa and crawled over to Ace. Once I was close enough he wrapped his arms around me and brought me closer to him.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” he asked.

My heart accelerated, and began to pound against my rib cage, or so it felt like it, at him calling me baby. Baby. Wow, that was the first time he acknowledged me as baby and I liked it. I smiled and sank in closer to him.

“I was moved last night” I told him.

His hand that had been trailing through my ponytail froze in mid air. I lifted my head that had been leaning against his chest. His face showed no emotion. Nothing. Blank. I didn’t really take this as a good sign.

“Come again?” he asked.

“I was moved last night. I fell asleep in my bed and when I woke up this morning, I was not in my room” I told him.

He nodded his head slowly, processing my words. I sighed, knowing he was still a little confused.

“Right, here’s the thing. I had a dream and in this dream, someone was leading me to Fell’s Church, you know in the forest?”.

I had his full attention now and he nodded answering my question.

“Anyway, I only saw a few things, they were just images of like a fire, people running and then this woman, she just kept coming back, telling me this is where it started, and this is where it must end Luna” I told him.

“This woman, who was it?” he asked.

I took a deep breath.

Should I tell him?, was all that ran through my mind.

Of course I should tell him, I can trust him.

“Emily” I answered, “Her name is Emily Bennett” I told him.

His eyes went wide and he straightened up on the sofa.

“Are you positive?” he asked.

“As positive as Robyn’s pregnancy test” I told him.

“What?” he asked.

“Never mind, but why does it matter if I am sure or not?” I asked.

“Because, she’s dead Luna” he told me.

I sat up and looked him straight in the eye.

“What?” I asked, “How would you know that?”.

“I knew her” was his reply.