Chapter Twelve.

By half seven I was literally buzzing. Not because I was drunk or high or anything. I was buzzing because even though, the day had started out like a bad day, it hadn’t turned out to be a bad day. I had fallen asleep on that sofa with Ace for a little while so that was good. 

I was back home now, in the boarding house. Ace was down stairs having a chat with my family. Both my parents had left now, but I did get a phone call off them before they got on their plane so that wasn’t so bad.

Now that I was ready I grabbed my purse that was sat on the bottom of my bed before making my way downstairs. I was wearing my red strapless dress that had a layered skirt and black belt. It looked beautiful and was a perfect length. Along with that I was wearing my black heels and my black purse.

I walked into the lounge to find everyone laughing. At that moment I just wanted to freeze time and take a picture because it was the perfect moment, but of course I was not a witch, just a half vampire thingy so I couldn’t. It’d be awesome if I could though.

“I’ll see you guys later” I told them.

Every pair of eyes landed on me, which made me feel a little uncomfortable. I grabbed my black cardigan hanging off the back of the sofa as the finishing touch on my outfit and shrugged it on.

“Have fun sweetie” Aunt Bonnie told me.

I nodded my head before waving to them and left the house.

The cold air rushed towards me, fighting me in a battle to make me freezing. I smoothed down my straightened hair so that it wasn’t in my face. I then made my way over to Ace’s Land Rover. I opened the door and sat behind the wheel. It felt good to drive once again. After what last time, driving on that same road I crashed on, I didn’t listen to the radio, I focused mainly on the roads, but I couldn’t help it when my mind wondered.

My night out, or my day really wasn’t the only reason for my happiness, or my buzz as I was calling it. When I had logged onto facebook earlier that day, I had a message from my friend Charlotte who was a witch living in Australia. She was extremely excited and asking me if it was possible to stay with me for six weeks as she came here on holiday.

I was thrilled.

She was after all, one of my best friends.

I pulled up outside Robyn’s house and beeped the horn twice. About three minutes later the front door opened to reveal Robyn. She was wearing a beautiful plain white dress. She smiled and waved when she saw me. She turned to give her mother a kiss on the cheek before making her way over to me. 

“Hey!” she exclaimed sitting in the passengers side seat, “Nice, I didn’t know you got a new car”.

“Actually” I began, pulling off from the sidewalk, “It isn’t mine”.

“Really, who’s is it?” she asked.

“Well it’s my boyfriends car” I told her, “Sorta”.

She squealed, “Spill!”.

“Well there isn’t much to tell”.

“Well there’s got to be something” she replied.

So I launched into story, making up a few lies along the way about Ace being Damon’s best friend. After my story she launched into her own. We were halfway through dinner when she had finished her story and asked me a question I was taken back by, whilst waiting for desert.

“So, how old is Ace?” she asked.

I was stumped, I didn’t actually know myself.

“I don’t know” I replied in all honesty.

I lost her for a good two minutes as she began to laugh. During this time I pulled my phone out because I was very curious myself, so I sent a text to Ace asking him how old he actually was. I was taking a sip of my drink when he replied and looking at his reply I almost spit out all my drink.

21 . . . nd I’m not telling u my real age.

Twenty one! I guess I shouldn’t of been so surprised really considering he seemed to be very close to my uncle and dad. After all, Damon was twenty four and Stefan was seventeen when they turned into Vampires, a story I had yet to be told.

“What? Did you ask him?” Robyn asked.

I nodded my head, “He’s twenty one” I told her.

She suddenly began to choke on her food. I reached over and patted her on her back as others turned to watch us, some showing real concern while others looked bored, disgusted and a little angry to be honest.

“Wow Luna, I never thought you had it in you” she told me after calming down a little.

It was my turn to laugh then.

Dinner passed uneventful after that and we didn’t speak much in the car whilst driving back to her house. I was glad for that because I was trying to calm myself down. I kept thinking of different ways to break it to her, and I was coming up blank. I knew I had to tell her soon enough, but, I just couldn’t find a way to do so. I would need proof, and what proof can I really give her since everything about me can really, be explained.

Red eyes = contacts.

See?.

“Well, I hope to see you in school tomorrow right?” Robyn asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

I laughed lightly and nodded my head.

“Good” she replied before jumping up out the car.

“I’ll see you tomorrow!” she said before shutting the door.

I watched as she half jogged up the path to her door. She turned around and waved to me before shutting the door.

I guess telling her right then, just wasn’t meant to be.

If it was, she would find out soon enough.

When I arrived outside the boarding house I was greeted by Ace waiting for me on the porch. As soon as he saw the car come into view he made his way over to me and opened the door.

“Whoa, yep, she’s definitely pregnant” he concluded.

Yep, not even a hello or how are you?, just that.

“You can smell that?” I asked, not knowing whether to be intrigued or disgusted, I was leaning more to disgusted at the time.

“Well, kinda. I can smell that this baby is defiantly a werewolf” he told me stepping aside allowing me to jump out of the car, which I did so.

“Wait, does that mean Daniel is a werewolf?” I asked.

As I asked this, Ace shut the door, locked his car and began leading me to the house.

“Not necessarily, it can skip a generation” he informed me, “Now come on, I’m tired and I’m staying the night”.

“You are?”.

“I am” he replied with his signature smirk.