Chapter Seventeen.

Robyn still couldn’t calm down after a while so I helped her to her feet and lead her to the car. She didn’t complain or argue with me she just let me guide her until she was sat in the back of the car. After that Ace jumped out and helped me. 

We were in her room and as I packed her overnight bag and wrote a note for her mom as well as try my best to put things straight in the room, Ace was stuffing the body into a black garbage bad he found. He then took it with him on his shoulder and dropped it in the trunk of the car. 

I opened the door beside Robyn making her jump slightly. I apologised and then handed her the overnight bag. She carefully placed it on the seat next to her before laying her head back onto the seat. I slowly shut the door and made my way around the back of the car where Ace was leaning against the trunk.

“You OK?” he asked.

I nodded my head slightly, “I think I am. I’m just worried is all. This is not the way I wanted to tell her Hey, your best friends a freak” I said with a sigh.

Ace gave me a small smile before bringing me into a hug. I automatically wrapped my arms around his waist as he gave me a kiss on my forehead, making sure to steer clear of the cut though.

“Come on” he said pulling away.

I didn’t want that moment to end but it had to so I stood back and then walked in the opposite direction of him to the car. I pulled the passenger side door open and climbed inside. When I saw Robyn in the back her eyes were open, but she was just staring at the ceiling of the car.

“There’s a bottle of water in your bag” I informed her.

She nodded her head slowly before reaching for it and took a few sips. I watched her the whole time an by the time she even remotely looked a little better and began to talk we were in the forest having taken the shortcut again.

“What’s your name?” she asked.

I panicked at first thinking she was talking to me but I noticed that her eyes were set on the rear view mirror and Ace was looking back at her.

“My name is Ace” he answered with a small smile.

Robyn’s eyes fell on me and she mouthed he’s cute.

I laughed lightly and nodded my head in agreement with her. When I sat back correctly in my seat I saw that Ace was smirking and I rolled my eyes. 

When we arrived at the boarding house no one was waiting outside for us and the door was shut. Everything looked normal so I didn’t think anything bad had happened. I let Ace help Robyn into the house whilst I brought in the body. We entered through the door to see everyone already waiting for us having either heard or seen the car.

“We brought Robyn” Ace told them.

Robyn immediately ran to Daniel only to be swallowed into a bone crushing hug by him.

“And the dead one” I said letting the bag fall. It ripped from the weight to reveal the dead vampire.

“What did you do now?” Daniel asked me still hugging.

“You can thank your beautiful girlfriend for this. At least she can fight” I said before turning to Abby, “Abby. Come help me burn this will you?” I asked.

She nodded her head and helped me pick up the body and shuffle him throughout the house and into the back yard. Once he was set down on the cold, hard ground, I watched as Abby summoned the little dancing flame back, enhance its size and throw it onto the body. The body was burning brightly for a good five minutes until it was reduced to ashes.

I stepped in after that and using telekinesis I distributed of the ashes into the air and watched as they blew away in the direction of the forest.

“How did you do that?” Robyn asked.

I turned to face her and smiled before walking past her and into the house. At the kitchen table sat Abby, Charlotte, Mark and Damon. Damon looked bored as ever but I was still trying to ignore him best as I could. Daniel was stood leaning against the wall and Robyn was still in his arms. I on the other hand was sat on the counter and Ace was stood next to me with his arms across his chest and looked ready to fight at any moment.

“Where’s Aunt Bonnie and the rest of them?” I asked.

“They’ve taken Grayson and Miranda out to the beach for the rest of the day” Abby explained.

They had probably done it to get them away from all the drama going on and I couldn’t blame them really.

“Ok. So you better start explaining yourself” Robyn said with narrowed eyes, “And the truth. Not some lie. I mean what was that thing. A vampire?”.

I nodded my head, “As is Ace and Uncle Damon. Your boyfriend right there is a wolf, sort of. I am a vampire, sort of. Abby and Charlotte are both witches and Mark here is the boring one and just plain human” I said with a smile.

Everyone’s eyes were on me. A mix of utter shock and for some a small smile like they had found it funny. Robyn’s however were wide in horror. 

“They don’t exist” she told me.

“Well what do you think? You’ve just met my parents, the ones posing as my cousins. Stefan is my dad and Elena is my mom” I said before pointing over to Damon, “He’s my Uncle. I am a half vampire thing. Actually no I’m just complicated and unknown but to put it bluntly right now you in a room with two witches, two vampires, a maybe werewolf and a freak. Let’s not forget that you just killed a vampire by creating a home made wooden stake without realising. Do you believe me now?” I asked.

Slowly but surely she nodded her head. She looked even more pale than before. Well, this is going to be fun.