Chapter Sixteen.

Mark was fine no thanks to me and that’s how I found myself tied to the kitchen table chair. No word of a lie here people. Against Charlotte and Ace’s wishes I was tied to the chair. And I’ll tell you what they hadn’t took it easy on me because my wrists were hurting and the one over my chest made me feel like I was suffocating.

Mark was glaring at me the whole time as he sat on the counter.

“I said I was sorry. I don’t know where it came from” I told him.

That was the fourth time I had said that and nobody believed me apart from Charlotte and Ace.

“Then tell us what the hell that was” he spat.

Suddenly Charlotte gasped and her eyes connected with mine.

“Telekinesis” she said.

Now I was confused along with everyone else in the room.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Emily” she told me.

Then it sank in. Emily had given her power to me. I didn’t know ghosts were capable of that. Still, if she had given her power to me then, who knows what other powers she could of given me. Yet, I would still have to test it out.

Looking down on my ropes I imagined them untying themselves and letting me free. I was astonished when it copied each exact movement before falling to the ground with a thud. I looked back at Charlotte who was smirking.

“Can you get any weirder?” Damon asked, a cup of bourbon in his hand. 

I rolled my eyes and was about to retaliate when my phone began to chime. I pulled it out of my pocket with a sigh. I looked down at the screen and saw it was Robyn. I debated to answer it or not before answering the call.

“Luna” she sniffed.

“Robyn. What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I’m losing it Luna. I’m not joking. I-I was on m-my bed and I-I was craving c-chocolate really bad and the next t-thing I knew it was in my hands. I-I then thought of m-my mom and m-minutes later she showed up”.

I felt my eyes go wide and I looked over at Ace who had been listening in on the conversation of course. His eyes were just as wide as mine.

“Mom!” Abby called before running in the kitchen with a huge smile on her face.

All eyes fell onto her. She glanced at the rope and frowned slightly before shrugging one shoulder and resuming on with what she was about to tell us.

“Look, I got my powers” she said.

And she had as she brought a single dancing flame to her palm out of thin air.

I knew it.

“Okay Robyn” I said gaining her attention from the other end of the phone, “Pack a bag. I’m coming to get you”.

I didn’t allow her chance to cry or protest I shut my phone and grabbed Ace’s hand. He knew my plan already and was waiting for me. We both ignored the shouts from my family and friends as we made our way to the car. Of course I didn’t sit in the drivers side again, I just sat in the passengers side.

As Ace swerved out of view of the house and took a shortcut through the forest I rummaged through his drop down draw until I found a pen and some paper.

“How much do you remember about Emily?” I asked Ace.

“Not much why?” he asked.

“Turn left and because I want to know what powers she had” I explained.