Chapter Thirteen.

It was happening again, and this time I was in fact aware it was happening again. The dream. If I were to wake up in front of the ruins of Fell’s Church then so be it but at that point, I couldn’t tell.

Having making the discovery of Emily and who she really was, I wasn’t frightened like the first dream. Okay, that’s a lie right there, I was scared, but not as much as the first dream which has got to count for something, right?.

This dream was exactly like the first. Only images flashed before me and Emily every once in a while. Speak of the devil.

She was back again. As cliché as it sounded, she was as pale as a ghost. Wow, the after life has not been good for her. 

It was almost as if she read my mind as she glared at me.

The last image before I woke up, really wasn’t an image, in fact, it was a feeling. Heat. When I looked all around me I was surrounded by fire. That was what made me sit and wake up, panting hard and sweat covering my features, making my hair stick to my skin.

“Luna?” 

My eyes fell on Ace lay beside me, his jet black hair completely messed up from sleep. Seeing him made me feel a little calmer and I let a small smile find it’s way upon my lips.

“Luna are you alright?” he asked a little louder sitting up.

I quickly placed my finger to my lips as the signal to shush him. He may of been allowed to stay here in the house for one night but no one had any clue at all about him actually staying in my room. He had been placed in Stefan’s room across the hall from Damon’s.

Speaking of Damon, I still had yet to discover if Ace had actually informed him on my dreams about Emily.

“What’s wrong?” Ace asked me, whispering.

I couldn’t even reply when a blinding white light appeared next to the foot of my bed. The light literally left me blind for a few seconds when I felt myself be hurled forward on the bed. When I was able to see again I saw stood at the foot of my bed was Emily.

She held her hands open in front of her and I knew exactly what she was doing. Being transparent and not being able to physically grab me left her with only her powers to use mentality. Just out of a guess I would say it was telekinesis she was using to control me.

“Stop it” Ace begged.

Her hands lowered and I felt no power holding me no longer. 

“You must end it Luna!” she exclaimed.

“End what?” I asked.

She didn’t reply, she just sank into nothingness as she wasn’t there no longer after I blinked.

Ace moved quickly just to pull me up from laying down and pull me to his chest. As if it were second nature to him he began running his hand through my hair, trying to calm me down.

But I didn’t need to be calmed down though. This encounter left me feeling more motivated than I ever had in my life. I pulled away, leaving a very confused Ace sat there. I lifted myself off my bed and grabbed my sandals just sat in the corner of my room. 

“What are you doing?” he asked standing up.

“I am finding out once and for all what the hell is going on so that maybe I could get a night’s sleep because trust me I am no good without sleep” I snapped.

He nodded his head slowly, knowing not to interfere. He leaned down to grab his shirt off the floor as he stood up, before pulling it over his head. Grabbing my jacket and stuffing one hand into my pocket, Ace grabbed my free hand and began leading me to Fell’s Church. 

Neither of us spoke on the walk there and I would admit, I didn’t like it, but I couldn’t break my concentration long enough to speak to Ace. He on the other hand was keeping a sharp eye out for any enemies who might find us.

When Fell’s Church came into sight, I broke away from Ace and made my way over. I came to a stop before the one still half burnt standing door. 

“What exactly are you looking for?” Ace asked.

I turned to face him, “Ugh!” I groaned, “I don’t know. An answer maybe, although I don’t see how it could be here”.

Ace nodded his head in agreement.

“Hey guys!”.

My reaction to this . . . was to scream.

Do not judge me!.

You would scream too if you heard that and felt hands clasp on to you from behind. When I turned to face who it was, I could of killed him.

Damon was stood there with his arms crossed over his chest and his smirk in place. I could see why he and Ace got along so well.

“What are you doing here?” I asked after calming down.

“What are you doing here?” he retorted, narrowing his eyes.

“I asked you first” I replied.

“Well, I asked you second”.

I scoffed and placed my hands on my hips, “Really, that’s your comeback?”.

He shrugged one shoulder. I turned to look back at Ace who had been stood a little bit behind me looking uncomfortable with his arms crossed over his chest.

“I’m guessing you didn’t tell him then?” I asked.

“Tell me what?” Damon interrupted.

Obviously not.

Ace stepped forward, just a little closer so that Damon and I weren’t so close.

“Emily has been contacting her” Ace informed him.

His eyes narrowed at Ace, “What?” he asked slowly.

“You heard him the first time” I snapped.

This caused both eyes to fall to me. 

“How would you know about Emily?” Damon asked his eyes falling on me.

“Because she is haunting me for gods sakes” I snapped.

Don’t let him take it!.

I glanced all around me. I was sure I had heard that, oh god, maybe I had officially lost it.

Don’t let Damon take it!.

Take what?.

I glanced back at Damon, who was deep in conversation with Ace. I began to grow uncomfortable. It was then that I saw Damon’s eyes flicker to me, well, not to me, but to my necklace. Emily’s necklace.

You can’t let him take it! You can’t let him open it! Promise me!.

She sounded scared as she screamed at me. I couldn’t show much reaction because it was only I who could hear her. I could not only hear the fear in her voice but I could feel it, like she was trying to possess me and prove to me.

“Luna, come on” Ace told me.

I spun around to see Damon was gone and Ace was waiting for me with his arm outstretched.

Promise me.

I nodded my head before making my way over to Ace and placing my hand in his. I could hear Emily sigh in relief after I had nodded. Who would of ever thought I would be making promises to a ghost.