Chapter Eight.

When I woke up, I was aware that I was not in fact in my room but in Ace's bedroom. How? You ask. Well, because I was lay leaning my head on his bare chest while his arms were wrapped around me. I lifted my head slightly to see Ace looking back at me.

"Morning" I yawned.

This caused a chuckle to leave his perfect lips as he loosened his grip on me. With enough room to move around in I sat up on the bed making the quilt fall to my lap. My dress from the night before was still damp and badly creased. I sighed as I moved my hair back out of my face.

"Do you feel up to going to school?" Ace asked.

"Yeah right" I answered.

Ace just smiled in response and shook his head, "Well don't worry your parents know your here".

I looked at him, "How?".

"They were the ones who told me you went missing last night. They also told me the reason behind it" he said.

Ace sat up on the bed and I looked away facing the wall pretending I saw something pretty damn interesting on their. 

"Hey, it's ok" Ace said placing his hand upon my shoulder.

"No it's not. They're leaving again. I just wanted a little more time with them" I told him.

"I know, but the rest of your family aren't going anywhere and neither am I" Ace told me.

I faced him once again. He was close, really close. I couldn't help myself. I pressed my lips firmly against his. We had both been avoiding it and I did expect Ace to back away and start yelling at me to get out his house or something but he didn't, he kissed me back with just as much passion. I wished that moment could of lasted forever.

***

Of course knowing my luck that moment didn't last forever as moments later as thing were beginning to get more heated up between Ace and I the doorbell rang. It was my parents ready to take me home. They waited patiently as I changed into something of Ace's and I might of stolen a few kisses during that time, but then I was all set to leave and I really didn't want to.

I made my way down stairs behind Ace. He covered me for the most part so I didn't have to see my parents but then of course the stairs ended he stepped aside to reveal me. Elena's first reaction was to come and hug me but I refused by stepping behind Ace.

"Luna come on. Time to go home. Your already missing one day of school as it is" Stefan told me in a strict tone.

I looked into his eyes and my emotions come flying back at me. I groaned and held my hand to my stomach.

"I need some blood" I said before making my way over to Ace's refrigerator and grabbing a bag of blood. I didn't bother to see what type. It turned out to be type B. Not my favourite but it would do. I ripped open the bag and began to drink the contents. Once I was relieved of the thirst I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand before throwing the bag in the garbage.

"Are you OK?" Ace asked.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, the thirst's just stronger. I think I'll have to try the animal diet again" I told him.

"Wait, the animal diet? When did you go on that?" Elena asked.

"Well if you guys were around more you'd know about it" I told them.

I hadn't meant for it to come out, it just did and I instantly regretted it. My parents looked hurt by my words obviously. I bit my lip and stole a glance at Ace who looked quite uncomfortable stood beside me. 

"Look, I'm sorry. I know you guys have got to go to protect the secret" I said avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah sweetie. Plus Damon is staying as well" Elena told me.

"And like I said I'm not going anywhere" Ace told me.

I nodded and with that we headed our way back to the boarding house. I was more than grateful when my parents invited Ace over as well for the day. I decided to ride home with him and even though we didn't speak much, most of the car ride home he held my hand which comforted me. 

If my parents were going back to where ever they were staying, I had limited time with them. What could I do with that limited time. It was not like I had already seen them loads and had made up for over five years of time. I needed them around just a little longer.

I know it sounds selfish but think about a kid with a stuffed teddy he or she loved almost as much as her parents. Imagine the pain and loss they feel when the teddy is taken away from them. That's what I always felt like without my parents, just lost. 

I wanted to tell them something so big and yet I couldn't bring myself to it. I needed to confide in them but once it's loose I just have these visions that I have opened Pandora's box. How would I tell them.

How could I tell my parents I was a murderer?

How could I tell my parents I had killed Vicki Donovan?