Chapter Twenty Two.

I honestly couldn’t tell you what happened in the tomb as I woke up in my bed when the sun was high up in the sky. I could feel fingertips gently brushing against my skin directly on my waist where my top had ridden up slightly. I turned my head just a fraction and my eyes locked with Ace’s.

I smiled as did he.

“Hello” I said.

“Hi” he replied.

A sigh escaped Ace’s lips as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to himself. Gently he pressed his lips to my forehead before I lay my head on his chest.

“Never scare me like that again, ever”.

Instantly, I grew guilty. I knew that I shouldn’t have done what I had done but obviously it was over with now and I could not change what had happened.

“What happened?” I asked.

I didn’t know if I was ready to listen to the full story yet, but I went ahead and listened carefully to Ace’s story as he told me everything that had happened.

According to him, after we began our way down into the tomb, I had begun to grow even weaker and my body collapsed. Ace was quick to catch me and picked me up. This was when another argument broke out between my family and Damon. Ace wanted to take me back to the house and make sure that I was perfectly healthy and that I would definitely wake up.

Damon disagreed, warning him not to even try it because I might be needed later on. He said just to let me rest.

This was when, a late comer arrived, an old friend of the Salvatore family and Ace’s family. It revealed to be a young girl named Anna. She was now a vampire and she had made a deal with Anna to collect certain information needed to black mail if needed and in return, she could be reunited with her mother, Pearl, one of the twenty seven vampires locked within the tomb.

They entered deeper and deeper into the tomb to find twenty seven weak vampires suffering from thirst. They practically tried to lunge themselves at my family, so all the humans were made to leave from the tomb leaving my parents, Ace, Damon, Anna and an unconscious me. Ace’s family had left with the humans as extra protection.

They searched through them all and retrieved Pearl. It was then that Damon began to grow angry and demand to know where Katherine was. Anna was quick to answer as she screamed that she was never in the tomb. Angry and annoyed Damon went to attack Anna.

Anna dodged his attack and grabbed the blood bag from his hand, giving it to her mother to quench her thirst. After that, my mom helped Anna carry Pearl out of the tomb when my dad struggled to force Damon out of the tomb.

Once they were out Damon realised they would in fact need to shut the tomb. When they could not, they asked for Abby and Bonnie to return and recite a sell. Even when they could not help, they asked for Grayson and Abby to return and help with the reciting of the spell so that more power was behind them.

Nothing came of it.

So they asked for my help, at least tried to as they tried to wake me up but it did not work.

I had been out cold for three days up to now.

I sighed and spoke up.

“So how is this working, am I coming down stairs to you guys or are you guys coming up here?” I asked.

A chuckle escaped my father’s lips as he answered my question, “Maybe it would be best for you to come down here” he said.

I nodded my head in agreement although he could not see me and rose from my bed. Ace insisted that I use him for support as we trailed through the house and down the stairs to join my family. Being weak and my muscles stiff I came to the conclusion that we definitely needed an elevator in our house.

I was greeted by everyone I loved, giving them all hugs until finally my eyes landed on Damon. He looked destroyed with a bottle of bourbon in his hands. He stepped forward cautiously and wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a tight hug and kissing the top of my head.

“I’m sorry” he whispered.

I sighed, “I forgive you”.