Chapter Twenty Three.

It seemed that everything within the house that had happened in the last twenty four hours had been forgotten. I woke up to birds singing outside and for once I actually enjoyed that. I smiled to myself and rose from my bed leaving a sleeping Ace lay there. I had suspected it to be later than it actually was but according to the ticking clock on my wall it was in fact four in the morning.

I showered quickly and dressed. I left my room when I heard the sounds of tears and whimpers coming from somewhere. I pinpointed the exact location within in the house and that was how I found myself in Miranda’s room.

She was wiping away tears that had fallen but it would seem I was too late as Abby comforted her. Still I moved forward and sat down in the rocking chair placed in the corner. Abby turned to face me and mouthed the words She had a nightmare to me.

A good ten minutes passed before Miranda pulled back.

“Help me fall back asleep” she said in a small whisper.

Abby smiled and nodded her head.

“Did you know there once was a girl called Princess Miranda who lived in a tall tower far far away. She was an amazing girl who would one day be ruler of a great kingdom. This kingdom had rivers that flowed for miles” she said pulling her hands up.

Using her power of manipulating the elements, water flowed freely in the air before her. This not only intrigued Miranda but me also.

“Along with this was land, freshly green cut grass and cobble stoned path ways” she said.

Her flowing rivers shrunk in size as they made way for earth, beautiful hills that stood tall and cobble stoned pathways that went on for as far as the eye could see.

“Each day brought the sun out and birds singing in the air” she said.

A blue sky emerged and inserted itself into that little picture she was creating for Miranda as well as a small but bright flame acting as a sun. I smiled and left the room leaving Abby to tell her story and Miranda to watch in anticipation.

Coming out of her room I left for the attic. The attic was huge, dusty and full of boxes so how I was going to find one particular thing I had no clue. As I pushed open the door and a cloud of dust floated to the air. I coughed and waved my hand before me to clear the air.

Looking around, I realised that no I could not do that and I would not do that. I scanned the attic quickly until my eyes fell on my old art supplies. I smirked to myself and walked forward. A simple solution was all I needed.

I searched through my art supplies so that I found my sketch pad and a pencil. I reached for the cloth that covered the sofa and dragged it off. I sat down pulling my knees up to my chest and resting my pad on my laps and began to draw.

When I was a child, I remembered my father speaking to me of how he was love struck with my mom from the very beginning. While they were dating my mom wore a necklace filled with vervain so that she was left unharmed by any vampire compulsion and frankly I didn’t want it for myself but for Robyn.

Being pregnant was certainly going to take its toll on her soon enough and her power might not be able to hold out under all that pressure if she ever were to get in any trouble so I wanted that necklace for her temporarily.

I began to draw it out from memory and I was very pleased with it. With my drawing complete I called down to Robyn who had not long woken up and was already munching away of some chocolate hiding in the fridge even though she hadn’t had breakfast yet.

“Yes?” she asked with a sigh with Daniel following close behind her.

“Can you do me a favour?” I asked.

She looked at me in confusion, “What is it?” she asked.

“Can you conjure this?” I asked handing her the drawing.

She smiled a small smile as I handed her the sketch pad and that exact smile was mirrored on Daniel’s face. They both loved my art but I had given it up long ago really and I don’t know why. Uncle Jeremy told me never to give up like he had when he was my age but it just seemed there was more important things going on in life at the time and I never got back to it. For my first drawing in a while I must say I was impressed.

She nodded her head and concentrated hard. She continued to do so until finally it appeared. Obviously being in close proximity if didn’t just appear like poof it’s there but rather floated across the room and landed in Robyn’s hand.

I smiled and opened my mouth to talk when a crash sounded. I looked to my right to see a vampire stood there with eyes blazing. He was thirsty and hungry, not a good combination.