Chapter Eleven.

I stayed silent and my eyes fell to the leather of the sofa. I was freaked out enough and learning that, I didn’t know what to think. Learning that Emily Bennett did truly exist at one point, god, it was just scary. I mean, I wasn’t blood related to her, what did she want from me?.

“Luna”.

I looked up into Ace’s eyes, which were glistening with worry.

“What?” I asked.

“Have you told Damon about this?” he asked me.

“No, why would I tell Damon anyway?” I asked.

“It’s just” he sighed, “Never mind”.

I didn’t want to end the topic just there as curiosity was getting the better of me but I thought it was best no to.

“So, how do you know Emily?” I asked.

“Katherine” he answered, “She was Katherine’s handmaiden”.

I wracked my brains, trying to piece together where I had heard that name before.

“Katherine, as in the Katherine who you met my dad through?” I asked.

He nodded his head and got up of the sofa. I watched as he made his way over to the gallery wall as I was now referring it to. He scanned the many photo frames before picking up the one he was looking for. He then headed back to me.

The photo frame in his hand was golden and each part of it was a twisting pattern, making it look unique and antique like. He stopped just before me and held out the frame for me to take. Did I want to look at that photo?. I suppose I had no choice.

I reached for the frame and brought it back for me to look at. The photo was in front of an old house, white and stood tall. I presume it was white, but with the photo being in black and white I couldn’t really tell. 

Stood before the house was my father, Stefan, with his arm around Damon and on the other side of Damon was Ace. I smiled at the photo. They were all smiling, wearing clothes that made them look stupid in my opinion but I knew it was the fashion back then. 

My eyes then fell on the doorway which was open and stood in the doorway was a woman, wearing the exact same clothing as Emily and had the same blank expression upon her features. My eyes fell down to the necklace that she wore. Everything about the necklace resembled the one I wore around my neck. I subconsciously lifted my hand to my necklace and began to rub circles on it, as if trying to confirm if that was the real thing. 

I lifted my head up when I felt a hand on my leg. Ace was crouched before me, his eyes darting from the necklace I wore to me.

“She was burned at the steak, and everything of her belongings was buried. Where did you get that necklace?” he asked.

I was stunned for a moment, before I began to reply, “My Aunt Bonnie gave it to me for my birthday. Her maiden name was Bennett”.

I don’t know why I said that out loud, I think it was confirming my thoughts, dropping the last piece into the puzzle and completing the jigsaw that I had mapped out in my mind. Everything dropped into place perfectly. My Aunt Bonnie, was one of Emily Bennett’s descendants.

Ace straightened out so that he stood tall. He reached out his arm for me to take his hand. I done so and he pulled me up off the sofa. He took the photo from my hands and took it back over to the wall where he hung it back up. 

He turned to face me, “OK, here’s the thing, I will tell Damon about these dreams” he told me.

I was about to protest but he held his hand up to stop me, “But whatever you do, do not give that medallion thing to him do you understand?” he asked.

I was shocked by his choice of words, “Why?” I asked.

He walked over to me. We were stood so close I could feel the heat radiating off of him.

“Please just promise me” he begged.

When my phone rang, we both jumped apart, as if we had just been caught by a teacher or something. I slipped my phone out to see Robyn calling me.

“I promise” I told Ace before walking out into the hall to answer the phone.

“Hello?” I asked pressing my phone against my ear.

“I hate you” Robyn told me.

“You love me” I told her.

“I’m not joking Luna!” she almost yelled before sighing, “I wish you would of come in today. But why didn’t you, you don’t sound sick”.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is my best friend, a Sherlock Holmes in the making and too curious for her own good.

“Well, I’m not” I told her.

I couldn’t lie to her anymore.

“What? Then why aren’t you in school?” she asked.

“That is a little complicated to answer. Listen, how about this, I’ll pick you up tonight, take you out and then I’ll go back to yours for a bit, we need a good catch up. Does that sound OK?” I asked.

Knowing Robyn as well as I do, she probably nodded her head knowing I wasn’t there to see it so when I heard an ok come from her a few moments later, I knew she had done exactly that.

“Then I’ll pick you up later” I told her.

“OK, see you then babe, love ya!” she shouted down the phone.

I laughed, “Love ya too!” I yelled before ending the call.

I shook my head, the smile still upon my face. I placed my phone back where it was before and walked on back through to the lounge, where Ace was sat on the sofa drinking some bourbon. I rolled my eyes before making my way over to him. 

When I was close enough I scooped the drink from his hands and drank the remaining contents.

“You shouldn’t of done that” he said.

“Should of I not?” I asked, a small smile fighting it’s way onto my face.

“Nope” he said popping the p.

Before I could even ask him why not he moved quickly, taking the glass out of my hands and tackling me down onto the sofa. Then, my biggest weakness, he began to tickle me.

“No!” I yelled and squirmed beneath him.

“Yes!” he answered.

This caused more laughter to erupt from me. After a few minutes Ace stopped and I was able to breath again.

“Never take my drink off me again woman” he warned.

I just laughed again letting my head rest back onto the leather of the sofa. Ace shook his head lightly, a smile upon his features also before he turned so that he was lay on the sofa, and I was half lay on him. I sighed and lay my head on his chest.

“How are you even getting there tonight. You have no car” he told me.

“Your letting me use yours” I told him.

“I am?” he asked.

“You are” I replied.

“So I am” he muttered shaking his head slightly.

I smiled.

At that moment, no worries about Emily or anything, I was safe, safe in Ace’s arms.