Chapter 20: The fabulous bee

I looked at myself all dressed up in one of the new outfits from The fabulous bee. Moving around a bit while looking in the mirror I could see how the red dress hugged my body almost to perfect. I have to admit I was still attracted to my own reflection, alto I found it kind of disgusting now. Being turned on by my own body... I had been hoping for that feeling to fade away as I got used to being in this new body but it has been some time now and I still find my reflection attractive. I was beginning to really get better at walking in high heels but carrying a purse was still odd. The fabulous bee has a wide variety in what they sell... everything from super cute stuff to the rough gothic style, I guess that may be one of the reasons the brand is so successful. I stopped to look at my earrings, from this far away they only looked like black circles but if I took a step closer to the mirror I could see how they formed small skulls witch actually suited this outfit pretty well.

 I stopped to look at my earrings, from this far away they only looked like black circles but if I took a step closer to the mirror I could see how they formed small skulls witch actually suited this outfit pretty well

Walking away from the mirror I head over to the makeshift photo studio I had made in the attic. A large roll of white paper made for both a neutral background and floor. I had also mounted a few lights into the roof beams making the area a bit more photogenic. Pressing down the countdown button on the camera I walked over to the background to strike a pose, counting the seconds in my head, before repeating the actions a few more times with different poses.

***

I placed the SD card into my computer moving all the new pictures into a mail before sending it to my contact at The fabulous bee. Justin, he seemed nice always so motivating and helpful. alto I hadn't met him yet I had learned much from him already. I looked uninterested at the loading bar for a few seconds as the rather large file began to send. Before my eyes wandered towards the circular window, it was so gloomy today. Heavy gray clouds slowly drifting across the sky.

I felt a bit of regret... Why was I always so bad at saying no to stuff I didn't want to do? Now thinking about it I can't believe I agreed to head into town this evening with Dina. I was more or less doomed to have some creep hitting on me. I actually jumped a bit as the notification sound played, delivering the message; Your file was successfully sent.

"I should find out what to wear, not this at least..." I mumbled to myself, looking down at the rather short summer dress I was currently wearing.

***

"At least we had a great table," I thought to myself as the waitress led us to a C shaped sofa in the corner of the dimly lit room. The sound of rain gently tapping the window mixed nicely with the sound of voices. We took a seat on each side of the C shaped sofa, I noticed how I could see almost everything going on in the building from here, while Dina only could see me. Behind her was a decorative partition wall making a bit of privacy for the two of us. As the waitress came by our table we ordered drinks and a large pizza to share this time.

***

I let out a small sigh as I caught a glimpse of movement through my peripheral vision. A boy, seemingly at our age walking towards our table. I could also see a group of guys sitting by the table he had stood up from seemingly laughing to themselves.

"Hey, girls... I was just wondering if you two were donuts?" He said nervously. Both Dina and I looked at him confused before he continued; "Cuz you're all curves and sugar,"

I actually let out a small giggle, "Well, that's a new one." I said. Looking at him I saw his face turn bright red. "You didn't think it would work did you?" I asked with a bit of laughter still in my voice.

"No..." He answered still a bit embarrassed.

"So why did you do it?" I asked confused.

"It was a dear..."

Looking behind him it seemed like none of the other boys by the table though he would have had a chance either, they were all seemingly quiet looking over towards our table in awe. Dina turned her head almost unnoticeable towards the direction I looked. Seemingly also noticing the situation before giving me a sly smile and shifted over a bit.

"Well, take a seat then. Just so we can have a bit of a prank on them."

"Really?"

"Yes, why not? It seems like they had only bad intent, sending you over here to fail." Dina answered.

He took unsurely a seat beside Dina.

"I'm Dina by the way and this is Hannah," Dina said as he sat down.

"I'm Lucas..." He replied looking down at his hands, only occasionally looking up.

***

"Yeh, I'm sure," Dina said as she added herself to his contacts in the chatting program.

"Um, okay..." Lucas said before standing up and leaving our table. Dina smiling to herself.

"Do you do stuff like this often?" I asked her.

"What, being nice?"

"No... or well..."

She let out a small laugh. "Didn't you feel any form of pity for him, being sent over here to fail and make a fool of himself? What if it was let's say Terry who dared you to walk over here to our table."

"I guess... I didn't really think about it like that..." I replied.