Chapter 9: School again

Waking up by the sound of my alarm I stand up, looking in the mirror I see my long hair being a mess. Finding my hairbrush I begin to brush my hair. I can't believe it has been a week now... Last Monday I was Henry and this Monday I'm Hannah. It's strange how much of the new life that I thought would be boring, Is actually kind of fun, things like using makeup, it was fun. Like drawing on yourself, but not in taking a pen and making doodles way. A way that was accepted. I am also surprised how much of my new like I didn't particularly like. Like right before I swapped, I would imagine myself playing with my new body almost all the time, but I didn't have that urge. Looking down at my chest I saw that I was still wearing the black lace underwear. I see my face turn red, I can't believe I actually bought this thing. I mean it's comfortable to wear but I feel like it's a bit inappropriate to wear when I'm going to school. After having found some normal black underwear I find a simple pair of pants and one of those band t-shirts that I bought. It looked good on me, now that I have long hair I can actually headbang. I don't know what Dina was talking about, I think black looks great on me. It almost matches my hair color at least. I find the new light blue jean jacket. I was arguing with myself if should wear my old one, but it was way too big. Placing the jean jacket into my backpack I walk downstairs. I feel a bit lazy today so I'll to buy breakfast at the cafeteria at school. "I guess I could take my bike now that I have bought myself new gear." I thought to myself as I stepped inside the garage. Sitting down on my bike I take on the leather jacket, the boots, and my helmet. Placing my normal shoes into my backpack before driving off to school.

***

I park my bike, taking off my helmet I begin to walk towards the school entrance. Finding my locker I place my boots, jacket, and helmet inside it. I find my jean jacket and my shoes taking them on I close my locker and walk down the hall. It was strange walking around the school, having people I kind of knew look at me with "new" eyes. In some strange way, I felt like a secret agent, knowing people who didn't know me or would I just be classified as a really big stalker. Seeing people I used to have classes with not even say hello, only giving me looks, it felt so weird. As I entered the cafeteria I see that there are a few people sitting around tables, chatting among themselves. I walked over to the cashier and bought a yogurt with a seed mix to make it more filling. I walked towards the classroom, as I did I opened the yogurt and began to eat it as I walked. Today I started with math class, this was one of those mixed classes. As I entered the room I could see the room was totally empty. Looking at the clock I see that there was still five minutes until the class actually started. I sat down in the third row from the board. Opening my phone I found the list of students in the class, I then realized that I didn't know a single one in this class but I guess that really didn't matter. In fact, I think that made it easier. Having eaten the yogurt I threw the empty container into the trash bin. I sat there alone drawing circles in my notebook, small black holes against the white pages.

"Hi, are you the new student?" A voice asked.

I jumped a bit, looking up I saw a boy standing in front of me.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's alright and yes, I'm new," I answered looking up from my notebook.

He reaches out his hand towards me. "I'm Adam."

I place my hand in his shaking it, I reply; "I~ I'm Hannah."

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Hannah," Adam said as he sat down beside me.

"Are there assigned seats?" I ask realizing that I just had taken a seat.

"Oh, no. People just sit down where they want to sit." Adam replied with a smile.

As he did more people began to enter the classroom, finding seats. The class was long and boring, solving formulas and listening to the teacher to explain different methods to solve them. I let out a sigh of relief as the bell rang, placing my stuff into my backpack I walk towards the library wanting to spend the short recess alone. I remember people making fun of me for spending my recess alone in the library of all places, but since I didn't care that they made fun of me they slowly stopped. Looking at my phone as I was walking I see that my next class was English class.