Chapter 19: A trip to the mall

I entered my home with the rose I had received in my hand, placing it in one of the empty decorative vases resting on the small table right after the door. Taking off my shoes I notice that there is an unfamiliar pair of shoes standing in my hall. A pair of black high heel shoes. Walking a bit further in I see a black suitcase. I walk into the living room surprised to see my mother sitting by the dining table fiddling with her phone.

"Henr~ Hannah," She stood up and walked towards me embracing me into a warm hug before taking a step backward holding my hands looking at me with a warm smile.

"I should have been here the first weeks, I bet it has been hard for you,"

"No, mom. It's alright, I know you and dad always has a lot of work. I also had Sandra and my friends to support me,"

She looked at me with a smile, her lip slightly trembling and I watched as a tear began to form in her eye before she embraced me again.

"I'm so proud of you, not only did you manage to deal with the life-changing event more or less alone." Her eyes almost sparkled as she spoke, her eyes looked me up and down for a moment. "It is so weird to know that it's actually you. You look beautiful by the way," She added as she let her hand run through my long brown-black hair.

I realized how similar hair we had, not in the way of our hairstyles, she had a professional bobcut and I had long and louse hair. but how our color, shine, and texture were alike.

"Thanks," I replied still in bit of a shock to see her home.

"But you probably already knew that, it isn't difficult for a "man" to see that," She said with a bit of a teasing tone.

"Oh!" She mustered before jogging over to the cooktop. At the cooktop, the water in the cookware boiled over and fell upon the hot cooktop.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"I have been trying to make Gnocchi" She answered gesturing over to the still messy countertop.

"I'm sure you'll manage it, I'll be heading out with Dina later so I will probably be eating out with her," I said before heading up to my room.

I stopped in front of my door, on the floor was a large box with the logo of The fabulous bee on it. I actually struggled a bit picking it up it was much heavier than I imagined. One thing I missed the most of being a dude was the masculine nature and its strength. I placed the box down onto the floor by my bed. It was probably more clothes that I would have to model, it was relatively easy money being a "freelance" model. I guess I'm not really freelance since I'm hired by The fabulous bee since I only take modeling jobs from them. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, taking it out of my pocket I see that Dina had texted me.

-

Dina: I'm leaving from my house now, we were going to meet at the mall?

Hannah: Yes, I'll be leaving soon.

Dina: Okay, see you soon then.

-

I placed down my phone and prepared to leave for the mall.

***

Dina smiled as we made eye contact and she walked towards me to greet me.

"Have you been waiting for a long time?" I asked after she gave me a hug.

"No, I actually just got here," She replied with a smile before continuing "You were going to buy a camera right?"

I nodded.

"Okay lead the way, but after you have bought the camera I have an idea. Something you should get."

"And what would that be?" I asked curiously.

"It's a secret until we have bought that camera of yours, but I think you should get it," Dina said with a sly smile.

***

Dina and I walked out of the store with a DSLR camera and a telescope legged tripod. Dina looked at my bag and then at me.

"Why did you buy that stuff anyway, I can't remember you being interested in photographing,"

I realized that Dina didn't know anything about my modeling work.

"Wait... You don't..." She leaned into my ear, "You don't make porn, do you?" She whispered.

I felt my face getting warm as she asked me.

"No! I... I actually do... modeling work for The fabulous bee." I mumbled not knowing why I was so shy about it.

She looked at me in disbelief. "You're serious?"

"Yes..."

"The fabulous bee. The multi-millionaire clothing company with the slogan; the clothes that make you as fabulous you can be?"

I nodded. She then fished her phone out of her pocket and opened her browser.

"One of my pictures are at the outlet section of their online shop," I said.

She opened the section and sure enough, there was a picture of me dressed in some of the clothes they had in the outlet. She scrolled down to the bottom of the site where the link to my Instagram account was. She looked at me for a brief moment before pressing the link.

"You haven't said anything about this?" she said as she looked at my pictures in awe.

"No, I haven't had any reason to..."

"But it's so cool! Oh, here we are," She said as we stopped in front of a hair salon.

Dina grabbed my arm lightly and led me into the salon. A girl around our age walked towards us with a smile.

"Hi Dina," She paused looking at me, "This must be Hannah,"

"Yes, Hannah this is Sussi" Dina replied

"I can't believe a beautiful girl as she doesn't have gotten earrings before now."

I felt my heart almost skip a beat. Earrings? Did she just say earrings? Dina still holding my hand leaned into my ear and whispered "Surprise,"

***

It wasn't as painful as I would have thought it would have been considering a piece of metal was just shot through my earlobe, I now had a pair of silver earrings.

"Wasn't that a nice surprise?" Dina asked joyfully looking at my ears as I had my heart in a ponytail.

"A bit of a crazy one but yes..."

"Let's get something to eat," Dina said almost skipping a few feets down the hall.