Chapter 15: The Halloween party

"Soo... what are you going to wear to the party?" Dina asked her feet dangling off the armrest on the red couch.

"Wear? I don't know." I said placing my acoustic guitar back onto its stand.

"Don't tell me you're not going to dress up..." She said now sitting like a normal person.

"Dress up?"

"You know, it's a Halloween party, after all, don't tell me you haven't figured that out before now?"

"Well~"

"You are so boring sometimes... Luckily it's not too late to do something about it." She stood up from the couch and walked towards the stairs. "Don't just sit there. Let's see what we can do with what you already own." She said walking back towards me to lead me down to my own room. "She was always so eager to dress me up in stuff. I can't believe she was able to convince me to go to this party, normally we just watched a scary movie or something, but not this year. I'm not even sure if either Eric, Terry or Mike would be there."

***

Now standing in my room Dina opened the doors of my closet beginning to look for something to wear at the party.

"You are going to help me clean up this stuff right?" I asked as she began to rifle through my clothes.

"Sure," She answered as she placed a pile of clothes on my bed before walking back to the closet.

After looking around in my closet for a bit more she stopped and turn around holding both the short black skirt and the high socks that I had bought online.

"When did you get these?" She asked curiously.

"Well, I kinda bought them online..."

"I have an idea, why don't you go as the sexy goth vampire? All you need are these clothes and a bit of makeup,"

"Do you think I could pull that off?"

"I'm sure your body could pull off anything, but if you can pull it off... well, you have to determine that." She said with a serious look.

I let out a sigh before saying "Let's do it, It's just one night."

Dina's face was first surprised and soon after filled with joy. "Yes..."

She then made an outfit out of the short black skirt, wine red knee socks, and a black blouse with lace patterns forming roses. She then took a good step back looking at it seemed a bit proud of herself.

"I have a choker you can borrow, or well you can keep it if you want."

"I can't remember you using that..."

"I had my goth period... But I was mostly wearing it in my own house..."

"You were a secret goth?"

She scoffed, "Well... maybe... Oh, I should have some unused fangs... you can keep those as well,"

"Okay, whos going to the party anyway?"

"Well, a few people. I actually think you only know Angela and Adam... I asked the guy hosting if Terry, Eric, and Mike could join but he hasn't answered so until then it's just me, Angela and Adam you know."

***

I was standing at the bus stop looking at my phone. "She should be here any second now, if she doesn't come I won't go to the party," I thought to myself seeing that it was only one minute left until the bus should be here. I'm glad I brought my large jacket. I didn't realize how uncomfortable it was to dress up in this body, the short skirt didn't exactly help. "I know I'm in a costume but people don't have to stare when they walk by..."

I jump slightly as I feel a tap on my shoulder, turning in the direction I had felt the poke I see Dina.

"Hello," She said smiling.

"Hi," I replied.

"Sooo... what do you think?"

Looking at Dina I could see a black jacket which was halfway closed revealing a short red dress. On her head was a headband with red horns, the last thing I realized was that her eyes were red.

"Nice, you didn't tell me you were going to be the devil. Are you wearing contact lenses" I asked with a smile,

"Mhm, its the reason I'm late,"

"You look great by the way, like the way you made yourself look so pale and I just have to say fangs are hot,"

"Thanks~," I replied poking one of my two fangs with my tongue.

Dina nudged my shoulder and said "Let's go," before walking towards our bus which had made its way in front of us without me noticing.

***

The two of us stepped off the bus. "This way," Dina said before walking down the street, I alongside her, following her lead. We were soon walking away from the main street and into what would have been a cozy neighborhood if it wasn't so dark outside.

 We were soon walking away from the main street and into what would have been a cozy neighborhood if it wasn't so dark outside

"Here we are," She said walking towards the door of the house. Dina pressed the button activating the doorbell, soon after the door opened revealing a figure in a black cloak.

"Come inside," He said with a smile placing a bowl of candy to the side seemingly expecting trick or treaters.

He opened the door into the wardrobe, as the two of us had taken off our shoes and jackets Dina turned to the guy and said, "Oh, Chris this is Hannah,"

He pushed himself off the door frame reaching out his hand, "It's nice to meet you and I'm glad you could make it." He said as we shook hands, continuing "The others just started a movie, hope you two don't get too scared, but if you do feel free to hide behind me,"

Dina laughed a bit, as we followed him. The three of us entered the dimly lit room, I recognized two faces, Angela and Adam. Angela was dressed up as an angel wearing a halo ring above her head and a white dress and wings, Adam was dressed up as a zombie. Sitting down with the other guests I spotted the projector which was pointed at the wall with what I soon realized was a horror movie.

***

I'm not the biggest fan of horror movies, not because I get too scared. rather, it's not really often I get scared. While we were watching I got a few confused looks from one of the guys, well I guess it isn't normal that one of the girls are the ones not to get scared.

I also noticed that one of the guys looked at my boobs now and then but looked away each time I turned my head towards him, it bothered me at first but as the movie got more and scarier he stopped looking at me at all.

***

The move was finished and we had eaten most of the pizza people began to leave, well it was nearing midnight anyway. Angela, Adam, Dina and I all left together. All of us talking together cheerfully as we walked down the street towards the bus stop.