Chapter 17

Nyomi POV

"It's been like a whole year and I haven't heard from him yet." Alyssa was pacing back and forth worrying herself to death about Yosohn. "I'm pretty sure he's fine and it hasn't been that long. He just got stabbed last night and he's probably recovering right now." I told her calmly in hopes it would settle her.

"Ugh you've got a point." She let her body fall to the couch and relaxed. Not even a minute later she was back up and pacing. I rolled my eyes at her. "You should just call him if you're going to be acting like this."

"You think I haven't?" She questioned cocking her head to the side in a duh motion. Alyssa has been doing this since we got home from the party. I'm not even sure if she got any sleep because when I came downstairs this morning she was already up pacing. "I'm sure he's fine, you need to relax. Nasheed did say this wasn't his first time being stabbed." I added in an attempt to call my friend down.

"I wonder what he meant by that? Is Yosohn always in situations like this?" Alyssa said out loud more to herself than me. I didn't want to be in the house all day and keep thinking about last night. "We should do something to take our minds off of things."I suggested hoping she would take the bait.

"Yeah I'm about to go get ready and we can figure something after. There's not point in driving myself crazy over it." She disappeared upstairs to get ready and I stayed downstairs and watched tv. I already showered and got ready for the day. While I was waiting on Alyysa, I sent Sheila a text to see if she wanted to hang today.

"Aren't you and Nasheed supposed to be going on a date today?" Alyssa asked as she came down the stairs ready to go. "I told him yeah but I don't think so." I shrugged my shoulders. "Why not? I think he might actually be good for you."

"I realized I don't have his number and I have no way to contact him. Maybe it's not meant to be. I mean he knew he didn't have my number before he pulled off." I told her feeling a little disappointed and I don't know why I felt this way. To be honest I didn't know him like that to let him get to me. Not wanting to talk about it, I decided to change the subject. "So what are we dojng today?"

We decided to try this new restuarant called Fidello. I didnt know much about the place but I've heard alot about it.

Sheila finally texted me back from earlier and told us to stop by her place to hang out later. I brought her some food from the restaurant because I know she's been wanting to try it too. When we got to Sheila's house she grabbed the food right out my hand and went to sit down so she could eat it. "Well hello to you too." I laughed at her fatness.

"My bad Nyomi you know I've been wanting to go there since they opened. I love you for this." She gave me a big smile as she stuffed a mouthful of pasta in her mouth. "This girl is something else." Alyssa laughed also as she went to go grab a bite of Sheila's food like she wasn't just eating. Sheila quickly tried to stab Alyssa's hand with the fork and grabbed her food to protect it from Alyssa.

"Y'all are both silly." I sat down to turn on the tv while watching them fuss over food. We were all interruped when Eli walked in. "Hey babe." Sheila said as she rushed over to kiss him. He leaned in to kiss her when he noticed Alyssa and I there.

"Y'all know each other?" He looked at Sheila then me. "Yeah I never told you that we became good friends after our little run in at the mall." Sheila beamed at him excitedly. "I'm surprised she wanted to be your friend witcho mean ass." He chuckled while playing with her hair. "Maybe some real friends would be good for you instead of those whores that always wanna fuck me." Eli was starting to get real touchy with Sheila and I almost thought I was going to see some live action for a second. After a few moments of kissing, he grabbed her arm and pulled her to the bedroom.