Chapter 14

Nyomi's POV

The sun was shining bright as hell through the big glass windows causing me to wince my eyes.

Wait my apartment doesn't have big glass windows.

I sat up straight causing my hangover to worsen. The room was nicely decorated but I had no clue where I was so I did the first thing that came to my mind. Jumping out the bed, I took off running full speed out the bedroom door.

This place is a fortress.

There were so many halls with too many rooms going down each one. Part of me was starting to think I was never going to get out of this place. I picked a random hall and took off sprinting down it until I ran into two talls figures. One of them I recognized as Eli and the other I didn't recognize.

He must've been surprised to see me here. "Where am I?" I asked before he could say anything. 
"This is Nasheed's place."

"Nasheed?" I said in confusion.

"Yeah Nasheed." He repeated. "How drunk did you get last night? You don't remember a light skin nigga with hazel eyes? Kinda look like Ice JJ Fish?" He looked at me in amusement.

"Oh him." I didn't realize I spent all that time talking to him and didn't get his name. "Well where is he?" I looked around thinking I might catch a glance of him.

"He left out earlier. He told us he had some business to handle." Eli told me shrugging.

"We have food downstairs if you're hungry." The other tall figure I ran into finally spoke up and said. "I'm fine. I think I just want to go home." I spoke up and told them.

"Okay I'll take you home." Eli offered. "No it's fine I'll find my own way." I kindly rejected his offer.

"Wait wait wait." He began to look serious. "There's no way I'm letting you go home on your own after the crazy night you had. The least I can do is call you an uber." He was persistent about how he felt.

"I guess there's nothing wrong with that." My hangover was hitting me full force causing me to wince in pain. "I know you said you weren't hungry but I think you should drink some water after all that drinking you did last night." Eli handed me a water bottle and I took a sip. It was so refreshing and I felt like I hadn't had a drink in weeks. This water was the best tasting thing to me in the world at this point.

It didn't take long for the uber to show up. Making my way outside I got inside the silver car. As the driver took off I rested my head back against the seat and closed my eyes to rest. I was scheduled to work but I knew I wouldn't be making it in today. My manager was understanding and told me I was her best worker so I know she wouldn't mind. The driver pulled up to my apartment and I paid him with the money Eli was kind enough to give me.

Turning my key in the door of the apartment, I took a couple seconds to admire the place.

I was happy to be home.

Immediately I went to my room and watsted no time getting comfortable. Pulling out my phone, I dialed the number to my job. "Tionna can you put the manager on the phone?" I groggily said into the phone as I put my back against my headboard. "Sure, hold on."

After a few minutes I finally heard my manager come onto the phone. "Yes Nyomi?"

"I was just calling you to let you know I won't be able to make it into work because I'm not feeling well."

"That's fine Nyomi, I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for calling in and letting me know." She spoke with a pleasant voice. "Thank you." I said before hanging up. For some reason as I was laying in my bed I couldn't sleep so I decided to take shower in hopes it would help relax me.

The slower was successful in putting me to sleep and I woke up about six in the afternoon. My hangover was much better by now but I knew I needed to eat something. Making my way downstairs into the kitchen, I began to make myself a simple ham and cheese sandwich. It was strange to me that Alyssa wasn't home and I wasn't sure if she had been home since last night.

I went to go check my phone hoping to see a text message on it from here. There was no notifications from her so I decided to call her and of course there was no answer. Part of me was starting to get worried so I shot her a quick text telling her to call me ASAP. We had so much catching about to do about last night and I wanted to tell her about Nasheed since she knew about him from back in New York.

I was starting to doze off when I heard a familiar sound of the door unlocking. Alyssa walked in with messed up hair and a sheepish look on her face. "Where were you missy?" I put my hands on my hips. "Get out my business." She tried brushing past me only for me to step in her way and cut her off.

I scoffed. "Really Alyssa? You were gone all last night and didn't bother calling me?"

"Sounds familiar like what you did back in New York that one night and came in the next day forcing us to move and start over." She looked at me intensely with her face scrunched up.

"Alyssa why are you throwing that in my face?" I backed up to look her up and down because I could believe this way my bestfriend talking to me like this. "I told you everything once we got here and you knew I didn't have a choice!" I was in her face at this point. "You know what, I'm not sure what your issue is right now but I was just worried about you."

She rolls her eyes. "Just stay out of my business Nyomi damn!" I watched her as she stormed off to her room and slammed the door. We were just having a great time at my party and now she's acting like a completely different person. I turned on the tv and watched it for a couple hours to drown out my thoughts before going to my room for the night. It would be best for me to avoid Alyssa until she cooled off but we were going to need to talk about what happened today.