I was so distracted watching the kids  that I didn't realized Yale coming towards me or him taking a seat next to me until his hands reached for mine, linking them together. Little sparks went through my hand making me smile to myself. I loved how his hand felt against mine. His hands were bigger than mine but there were a perfect fit.

"How are you holding up?" I turned to ask him gently running my thumb over his knuckles.

He kept silent blankly staring into the distance and that was enough to tell me he wasn't alright, just like the night I had found him silently crying to himself. I has been moved to see a man cry over the lose of his grandfather. It showed me a vulnerable side of him I had never seen before.

"Come with me."  He turned to me with those tired eyes of his already getting to his feet taking me along with him.

I silently followed him as we made our way from the others not knowing where he was taking me. The noise soon started to die down as he led me down a path far off from the house and into an open field not far from the house.

Yale's lips claimed mine as soon as we were at a safe distance with his hands possessively going around my waist. He feverently kissed me pulling me flush against his body. My hands went around his torso leaning into him and relaxing into the kiss. Butterflies erupted in my stomach making me moan out, this was sheer heaven, being in his arms and being kissed like this by him. And the feelings he ignited in me anytime he touched me or was closed to me was becoming intense with each passing day. Deep within me I knew the truth but I didn't want to accept it just yet....it was too soon.

Yale broke the kiss after what felt like an eternity to lean his head against mine with him taking in deep breaths.

"Please, don't ever leave me Faye." He whispered out in a broken voice with his hand on my face caressing it with his eyes still closed.

"I won't." My hands joined his there with my heart aching for him. I didn't know why he said that.....maybe it was just the sadness talking.

He had just buried someone who meant the word to him and I fully didn't know what he was going through but I knew it was hard for him. To lose your parents at such a young age ad then to lose someone who had taken care of you all your entire life was something I had never experienced before. Wrapping my hands around him, I engulfed him in a hug hoping it would comfort him in any kind of way. He hugged me back running his hands through my hair.

We separated after a while with him taking a seat on the grass with me joining him there. He pulled me closer to his side with his right hand draping over my shoulders. My head automatically went to rest on his chest with me looking up at him, admiring his features.

"Why are your aunties cold and distant towards Aurora?" I asked the question that had been on my mind for some time now. I knew it was none of my business but I just wanted to understand.

Yale let out an audible sigh, running his hands through his disheveled hair.

"Aurora is just their half sister and a constant reminder of the affair my grandfather had. He fell in love with a young girl when he was still married to my grandmother and it broke her. She left when she found out that Aurora's mother was pregnant with her. So they blame her for everything and more so for being the beloved child." He explained stating down at me.

"He loved her mother and had no regret when it came to Aurora but sadly the rest of my aunties will never accept her."

"Can't you do anything about it?"

"I wish I could but I have no idea how."

I nodded my head in disappointed feeling bad for Aurora and understanding her a little bit. We settled back in silence as I took in a deep breath, the scent of rain filling my nostrils.