[145]

[145]

[Jungkook]

I approached the prison with calm steps, a man next to me in a police officer's uniform escorting me so I could safely meet with my father.

A few weeks ago, Jimin and I couldn't find a solution to this situation, so we just agreed to a meeting with my father to see what we should do, although I know he's solely going to advocate for his freedom. The guard opened the gate and the body guard and I walked through into the open courtyard where convicts would daily spend their useless time.

The body guard was like all others, a large frame and a stoic face. Neither of us wanted to engage in conversation. He was doing his job by swiftly taking me to my father, and that's all I needed. Nothing more.

We approached the large building and he opened the door for me, allowing me to walk in and see the long, winding rows of barred cells, "He's all the way at the end, through that door. There'll be another guard who'll take you to him," the man closed the door and I was left alone in the building filled with convicts being punished for their crimes, regardless of whether they were truly guilty or not.

Focusing my eyes in the far distance, around 700 feet, I saw the exact door that the body guard was talking about. I took a gulp even though the mixed scent of pheromones and sweat were making vomit form in the back of my throat. Confident steps I took, even if my heart was racing in my ears.

"Hey, cutie~" I looked to my side to see a man about two feet taller than me whose eyes were following me seductively, "Wanna have a good time~?"

My steps got faster and faster and I began closing in with the door, men catcalling endlessly by complimenting my butt, proposing something awful, or trying to blatantly get me to suck their penis by violently sticking their arms through the bars. Before I actually realized it, my feet under me were running and my chest was heaving up and down. I swung open the door and slammed it behind me, disturbing a wide eyed guard who was standing just a few feet away from the door that my whole body was pressed against to make sure no one would enter.

It was a beta woman and she looked completely shocked at my actions, "You're Mr. Jeon, right?"

I gulped and nodded, "Yeah, that's me,"

She had a blank expression after that and I could see her trying to hold in her laughter, but who wouldn't laugh at my stupidity. She led me down a flight of stairs and down two hallways to a lit up room with a metal table and two metal chairs. I walked into the room and sat in a chair, the woman reassuring me that my father would be in shortly.

The air in the room was normal, as if I was walking on the normal, everyday streets of the crosswalk just on the outskirts of the city, and not in a prison. It smelled as if a million of people have just subtly passed by this room, leaving a little piece of their essence behind.

The door opened and in walked in a disheveled version of my perfect father. His hair didn't have its usual gelled back look and the bags under his eyes told me he wasn't getting sleep. He was dressed in a curt, baggy beige jumpsuit with handcuffs around his wrists. The woman from before was right behind him and she peered over at me from behind his shoulder, "You guys have fifteen minutes,"

I nodded to her and she slightly pushed my father into the room and shut the door, "I can't believe it took you this long to come visit me, especially since I'm grieving so much,"

My father used his foot to push the chair back so he could sit down, violently plunging himself into the metal chair.

"At least I'm visiting. Has your previous other son, Yongkook, come to visit you?"

He let out a deep breath, "No, but at least he advocated for me at my trial,"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, crossing my arms at his foolishness. Yongkook only spoke because his mother told him to. Nothing more.

"I'm not here to bicker with you," he nodded and I continued, "I—"

"You're here to get me out right?"

I shook my head with furrowed eyebrows, "No,"

"Just use the company funds to pay my bail, it's not that hard,"

I shook my head once more, "I can't, I'm going to use it to make my family,"

His cold, glassy eyes that I could see my reflection in stared at me with an intimidating glaze that my late mother seemed to have as well, "I'm your family,"

I shifted in my chair uncomfortably, "No, there's a baby—"

"Fuck, Jungkook, are you fucking kidding me?" He sighed and slammed his hands on the metal table while standing up, the only things stopping him from beating me being the handcuffs and the fact that it'll only make the criminal sentence worse.

There was a buzz from the intercom, "Sit down, Jongkook."

My father sighed with closed eyes and plopped his body down on the chair, opening them only after he took a few deep breaths, "Why are you acting like this? Is this because of your deranged cousin?"

My breath halted in my chest, "What? Hoseok? You knew about him?"

My father's legs crossed in his lap and I could see an arrogance in the way his nose was pointed towards the ceiling. He seemed to not care about anything anymore since he knew that I wasn't going to help him and the only person in the whole world who would is dead from being thrown off of a building, "Knew about him? Hell, I planned the whole thing! Too bad I couldn't do it myself, he was an annoying brat!"

His evil laughs rang in my ears and it took everything within me to not pounce on the man in front of me.