[96]

[96]

(That's Jungkook and his mother)

[Yoongi]

I looked into the mirror at the pathetic being before me. Bags under his eyes that were emphasized by his pale skin. Bloodshot sclera because of lack of sleep from the horrifying nightmares. Still, pale lips that haven't opened in days. The black suit the man wore contrasted against his raggedy appearance but the apathy on his face showed absolutely no care for it. The roots of his white hair that he had dyed it just a few weeks before had begun to show it's original raven color, which perfectly expressed the state of his soul.

This man was me.

Everyday when I wake, I can feel the heavy weights of depression pulling me down, asking one question: why? Why do I need to get out of bed? Why do I need to eat? Why do I need to live? Just why?

I can't seem to find an answer. Before, I would've just woken up to wake up but now, just opening my eyes causes me to question my own existence.

After Hoseok.. passed, there was no funeral. There was no news on the TV. No newspapers were published with his name on. Nothing. I tried telling people, preaching to people about the fall of the brightest angel, but no one listened. Even my grandmother turned the cold shoulder, telling me to "move on" like he never existed. That was the thing that hurt me the most. The pain that yearned for him to be by my side but the world continues to tell me, "No, there's nothing wrong,"

But I know there's something wrong. Every time I close my eyes, I see his smiling face that I'll never see again. The laugh I'll never hear again. The hand I'll never hold again.

Hoseok was my world.

And without him, there is nothing.

"Yoongi, hurry! We've gotta get to the wedding soon!" My grandmother yelled from downstairs, her voice echoing down the halls.

I stood and examined myself once more, grimacing in response. Once I was finished examining myself in the mirror, I walked towards the door of my room. Each step I took, the heels of my shoes clicking on the wood, I recalled memories.

I never knew I was so emotionally non-equipped to deal with life without him until he was just.. gone. The toll on me was higher because I never even got to say goodbye. I never got to hug him or give him a last kiss. Now, my skin cold and lonely, I'm by myself. Stopping in the doorway because of the painful wave of emotions that hit me, a tear fell.

A tear fell. Then another and another. Then soon, I was sobbing in the doorway of my room, my mind being drowned by thoughts of his presence and his smell and his smile and his touch and just.. him. It felt like I was being surrounded by a cloud of him, a hazy cloud that begged me to give myself to it, to throw myself away.

"S-See you don't get to do that.." I muttered to his presence that, in the back of my mind, I knew was not there, "You don't get to just come into my life, make me care, and-and just check out..! It's not fair..!"

My words were interrupted by hiccups.

"You were supposed to make me laugh for the rest of m-my life!!" I screamed out, anger from his disappearance arising.

Then suddenly all that anger was conquered by a heavy feeling on my mind and chest, "Oh Hobi.. truth is, I miss you. Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day. All the time."

Saying these words aloud somehow reassured me, "I think I'll miss you forever,"

I pushed the back of my hands into the sockets of my eyes hard, the numbness of my being blocking the pressure I applied.

"I want to see you when I wake up. I want to hold your hand. I want to be beautiful in your eyes like how you're beautiful in mine. I want to mean the world to you. I want you to hug me." These words of my wishes being said aloud, allowed me to see. To see what was happening. To see what has happened.

He's dead.

He's not gonna come back.

That's why I haven't cried until now.. because I thought he would just come back for me.

But he's won't.

Because my beautiful Hobi.. is gone.

[Jimin]

The flames she sent up my arm from me just touching her skin burned uncontrollably. I had somehow been able to calm her but she's livid. I held her hand tightly and looked at her straight in her fiery eyes, grimacing when the pain had become uncontrollable at points. I could hear Jungkook calling me and his arms pulling at my shirt, but my body wouldn't allow me to move.

"You say you're a goddess," I somehow say through the pain, "then tell me, why did Luna create omegas?"

The look filled with scorn that was directed towards me sent chills up my spine, "TO SHOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEAVENLY ALPHAS AND LOWLY OMEGAS!"

"If Luna is such a kind and divine goddess, then why would she create humans who would be born to live horrid lives with no end?" I grabbed her other hand quickly, the pain strengthening and flowing up and down my whole body.

"TO TEACH HUMANS A LESSON ON WORTH!" Her cheeks turned an infuriated shade of red and I could tell that killing me was the only thing going through her mind. Her head began to twitch because of the adrenaline running through her veins and even though she was just squeezing my hand, my body felt as if it were in lava.

"No! Luna created humans! I just happen to be an omega and you happen to be an alpha!" I exclaimed, my voice getting louder to counter her screams and shouts.

"IF THAT'S TRUE, THEN HOW WHY DO I HAVE THE MARK OF LUNA ON ME?!" 

I clenched my jaw at the pain in my nerves, "You are no different than I, and I am not different from you,"

"I AM BETTER!"

She positioned our hands so she could begin to push me back. I tripped over my feet a few times but I gained my ground again and with the newfound strength I had, I began fighting back.

"The only difference between us is our beliefs!!" I screamed into her face.

She continued to push me and push me until I felt something stab into my back. I looked behind me to see the thousands and thousands of feet that was below me. She's trying to push me off.

"I AM BETTER!" She screamed again into my face, using all of the force and power she had within her to push me off of the building.

I shook my head, "We are the same,"

This one phrase finally broke her. Her eyes were glued to mine with the most amount of hatred I've ever seen in anybody and her strength seemed to slowly over power mine. She seemed to resemble a demon with the veins popping from her forehead and the redness of her skin.

"I AM BE—"

Jungkook grabbed his mother and threw her off of me, her body toppling down into the busy streets of the city, thousands and thousands of feet below us.

[author's notes]