[130]

[130]

[Jungkook]

My heart was racing with anxiety of whether someone would recognize me in the sea of people and rightfully accuse me of my mother's murder. At first, I had hoped they would just deem it a suicide, but since my mother is the most loved woman on earth, they wouldn't die down so easily. The regime knows that their citizens will need someone to blame and if her death is just a simple suicide, the blame will go to the regime for not properly taking care of her. So the solution; find a perpetrator, guilty or not, and incarcerate them. Then the blame won't be on them.

Although I felt empathetic towards my father, Jimin's warm hand that held mine made me realize what was more important. Him.

"Kookie, we're here."

I was pulled from my daydream by Jimin's soft voice to see that we were in front of a large building, the supermarket.

"Weren't we going to the grocery store?" I inquired as Jimin led me through the automatic sliding doors with the connection of our hands.

He nodded as he looked around for something before getting a small cart, "Yeah, but I need to get some more clothes for you,"

I didn't respond, not needing to, and we were left in a calculated silence as we began to roam around the supermarket.

[Jimin]

I ran into the house, throwing my body onto the couch quite roughly but the plush seats broke my fall. Jungkook chuckled from behind me and I heard him place the tons of grocery bags on the counter of the kitchen, "Why are you tired? You didn't even carry anything,"

I turned my head to the side so I wouldn't suffocate and so I could talk clearly, "It was a mental strain to figure out how much I could save with all my coupons,"

I could hear the crinkling of the plastic bags, Jungkook unpacking the groceries and the clothes we had bought together.

"Why did we buy Canadian ham?" Jungkook's voice echoed beautifully like a silky stream of dark chocolate off of the walls of my house.

I tried to speak but my voice was muffled because of the couch underneath me but I was too lazy to turn my head once more to accurately converse with Jungkook.

"Okay?" He replied in more of a questionable tone and continued the crinkling sound of the plastic bags. I decided that that small rest was sufficient for me so I pushed myself off of the comfortable couch and walked to Jungkook who was almost done putting away all of the groceries.

"Thanks," I smiled as I leaned onto the counter of the kitchen, my eyes following his body that was now used to the format of my house. He placed the things where they needed to go, only needing a few seconds to process where it belongs.

I saw a smile appear on his face as he put he eggs in the refrigerator, "Don't thank me for something like this, Jimin,"

Before he could close the refrigerator all the way, I walked up behind him and hugged his back, my head resting right below the nape of his neck due to my lacking in height. I released a breath that I didn't know I was holding as the sparks that were transferring between us was disintegrating my stress.

"What's the matter, Chim?" He stood perfectly still but the other hand that wasn't holding the handle of the refrigerator floated down to my arms which were wrapped around his torso.

"I'm just.." I paused, trying to find the right word for the emotion I was experiencing, "worried."

The silence that followed after was uncomfortable because Jungkook's back muscles tensed up, probably remembering what we saw on the big screen before shopping.

"Oh yeah, that,"

I nodded into the soft fabric of his black hoodie and he sighed.

"Me too,"

"What do you want to do?" I asked, snuggling my face into the middle of his back, his back muscles tangible, "I'll do whatever you want to do,"

The aura was back to silence but it was a contemplative silence and not as uncomfortable.

"I.." Jungkook started, "I don't know what I want to do, Jimin,"

I hummed in response, not knowing what else to say. What was I supposed to say? Jungkook's father is most likely going to get arrested for a crime that we committed. I don't know how close they are or what their relationship is, but if this is my Jungkook we're talking about, the amount of guilt bubbling within him is immense.

"Do you..." I started, "Do you still regret murdering her with me?"

He unhooked my arms from his waist and for a second, dread filled my heart to the brim. But then he turned and placed my arms around the small of his back, his arms resting on my shoulders lazily and connecting only by his fingers behind my head. A broad smile was placed on his cheeks which caused every singular unhappy feeling within me to completely vanish. Because that smile just beaming with the rays of everlasting love this man undeniably had for me.

We were so close and I loved it.

"I only regret one thing in life, Park Jimin,"

I blinked and raised my right eyebrow, "And what is that, kook?"

"For being such a dick in the beginning,"

I then burst out into laughter, reminiscing on all of shitty stunts this man in front of me pulled, "You were nastiest chode in the fucking world, you tapeworm,"

I tightened my arms around his waist and brought him closer to me, laying my head on his chest, his deep chuckled resonating through my body.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that, babe," he placed a small kiss of the top of my head, "forgive me?"

"Of course,"

[author's notes]

 "Yeah, I'm sorry about that, babe," he placed a small kiss of the top of my head, "forgive me?""Of course,"[author's notes]

My fiancée and I have the same phone screen now. Cheesy, right?

Lol it was her idea.