Unlikely Savior- Happy Ending + Epilogue

A/N:

So, we've finally come to the end of this story. This is the longest story I've written (ten chapters longer than the others) and it also took me the longest amount of time. But, I'm really glad with how it came out and I hope you guys liked reading it just as much! So, none the less, here is the final chapter + epilogue of Unlikely Savior!

~~~~

~IMPORTANT NOTE~

LIKE I'VE SAID ABOUT A BILLION TIMES BEFORE, THIS STORY HAS TWO ENDINGS + EPILOGUES. THIS IS THE HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE TO THE STORY, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ THIS ENDING AND PREFER THE SAD ENDING INSTEAD, OR YOU JUST WANT TO READ BOTH, CLICK ON THE NEXT CHAPTER. okay, sorry for yelling. carry on with your happy reading lovelies <3

~~~~

*Phil's POV*

I ran behind the group of nurses and doctors wheeling Dan down the halls of the hospital. My heart pounded as I stayed a few steps behind, not wanting to get in the way. Everyone we passed turned their eyes at us and stared in bewilderment.

We soon passed a waiting room and one of the nurses stopped me. “I’m sorry, sir,” she spoke, “But, you’re going to have to wait here.” I shook my head feverishly, “But, he’s my boyfriend.” She nodded and looked down at the ground, “I’m sorry, but you have to.” She quickly turned around before speeding off, closing the doors behind her.

I paced back and forth as I chewed on my nails, thinking of everything that might've been happening at the moment. What were they going to do to Dan? What even happened to Dan? If his father did do all of this to him, where did he go? Where was his mother?

“Phil!” someone’s voice broke my train of thought as I spun around. Sarah ran up to me and wrapped her arms tightly around me. “They made me stay here,” I mumbled as she pushed herself away from me. “What the hell happened?” she asked, looking around the room, the two of us and some receptionist being the only ones there.

“I went over to his place and his front door was open and the house was a mess, and I found him passed out in his room all cut up and bruised,” I explained, grimacing at the image in my head, “I think his father might’ve done it. There was a bat next to him and he had marks in the shape of it around his body.”

Sarah clasped her hand over her mouth as tears welled up in her eyes. “No, it can’t be,” she shook her head in disbelief, “It was just a robber, you said the house was a mess, Dan was probably trying to def-”

I put my hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eyes. “I don’t want to believe it either,” I muttered, “But, it only makes sense.” Sarah  immediately broke down and threw herself onto me, weeping into my shirt. I pat her back as tears slipped out of my own eyes.

“I didn’t even know him that well,” she whimpered, “I can only imagine how you feel.” I remained silent as she squeezed me tighter. “Oh Phil, I’m so sorry,” she cried, “Here I am, having you comfort me, when I barely knew him. You’re his boyfriend and instead you’re calming me down.”

“It’s okay,” I mumbled, before she pushed herself away from me. “No it’s not,” she spoke, “But it will be. Everything will be okay.” She pulled herself back into me as I placed my head into the crook of her neck. We just stood there, in the middle of the waiting room, hugging each other and crying.

About ten minutes later PJ arrived with Chris at his side. “Hey, where is he?” PJ looked around nervously as Chris chewed on his nails. Sarah pulled away from me and glared at the two of them. “What the hell are they doing here?” she growled, “They have no right.”