Unlikely Savior- Chapter 26

A/N:

I'm really not in the mood to write right now but I'm super determined to get this story completed. I apologize if this chapter kind of sucks. Either way, I hope you like chapter twenty-six of Unlikely Savior!

~~~~

One Month Later

*Dan's POV* (sorry it's been his POV for the last three chapters)

Everything came crumbling back down to the ground. Like Phil wanted, everything went back to how it used to be. Except this time, I couldn’t even deal with being in the same hallway as Phil, let alone go back to my taunting ways. There was no point of bullying him anyways, I was nothing without my reputation and little posse. I was back to being the useless waste of oxygen that I used to be.

Phil was all I had. He was all that kept me going, and now, I wouldn’t be bothered if I just dropped dead at any moment. He was the only thing that made me feel like I wasn’t a waste of space. And, now he was gone. He was gone, and I had no way to cope with it.

I was barely even living. I didn’t eat, didn’t sleep, didn’t go out, I did absolutely nothing. I decided that I’d try to keep up my grades rather than falling back onto my old school habits. If I’d be able to get good enough grades to get into a university away from this town, I wouldn’t hesitate to take the chance.

Maybe all I needed was a fresh start. Some place where nothing reminded me of those gentle arms that wrapped around me while we cuddled. A place where I’d forget everything and meet someone new and start all over again, not repeating the events I’d went through.

I was determined to forget about Phil. To find something else I can rely on, a new crutch. He was just a guy, it was nothing more than a stupid fling. It meant nothing, and I was just being a child about it.

But, no matter how much I tried to convince myself that all of that was true, I knew it wasn’t. I knew that Phil was my soulmate, as cliche as it sounded. He was the only one that I wanted to be with, and he hated me. And, the thought that I’d never get him back killed me from the inside and out.

I was barely holding onto my grades, not being able to do anything school related without the painful memories of Phil running through my mind. Every time I laid my hands on a book, I’d think back to all of our study sessions. To when we were still ‘just friends’. To when we spent countless hours goofing around, playing video games, and talking nonsense after our hour long study sessions. To when I still had him with me.

Seeing him in English only made things worse. Every day, I came into class to find him doodling away in his notebook as if he was perfectly fine. He never seemed to look the least bit down about what happened. He went on as if I was never a part of his life, and he was never a part mine, just like he wanted.

I’d lost a dramatic amount of weight, my skin grew at least three shades paler, the skin under my eyes sunk, and my stubble grew out quite a bit. I looked like a bum with my raggedy, uncombed hair and droopy clothing. And, to make things worse, my now oversized outfits reminded me of Phil’s hand me down shirts and loose skinny jeans. Everything reminded me of Phil and I couldn’t do anything about it. He was just an ongoing memory that played on repeat in my head, and it was never going to stop.

~~

It was Friday evening and I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling. This was what I’ve been doing everyday after school. I’d come home, do whatever little homework I had, then flop onto my bed and stare up at the ceiling for the rest of the night until the sun began to rise, signaling for the next day of torture to begin.

Today, I didn’t even bother to go to school. We were off for the next week and I couldn’t deal with another day of suffrage before I was free from any physical evidence of Phil. An extra day without having to see his beautiful face was something I was more than willing to take.

I felt my eyelids get heavy as I yawned. I shut my eyes, not hesitating to get the sleep that I’ve been deprived of for the past month. But, just as I was about to pass out, I heard the door slam shut downstairs.

My eyes shot open but I remained still in my position on the bed as I listened to the footsteps inch closer to my room. Within seconds, my father was standing at the entrance, the door hitting the wall causing the floor to vibrate slightly.

“What?” my croaky voice announced the word as I remained still, my eyes still glued onto the ceiling. i heard his feet move to the side of my bed before I saw his face above me. “I got a call from your school today,” he spoke without emotion.

“What about it?” I mumbled, looking passed his head, still not moving a muscle. “Why didn’t you go to school today?” he questioned, his brows creasing slightly. My shoulders finally moved as I shrugged before I fell back into my still position.

“I’m a mess, dad,” I sighed, not a note of interest striking in my voice. “And, why are you such a mess, Daniel?” anger began to run in his tone, “Do tell me about all of your struggles.”

I thought for a minute before finally sitting up and staring blankly at my father. What did it matter if he found out now? It wasn’t like Phil was part of my life anymore so what did it matter if he found out that I was in love with him? He didn’t have to know Phil’s name, Phil wouldn’t get hurt. What did it matter if I got a little beating? I deserved it.

“Because I’m in love, dad,” I muttered, “I’m in love with a guy and he doesn’t love me back.” And, just as the words left my mouth, I felt my fathers enormous hands cling to my shoulders. He pulled me up and pushed me back into the wall. Before I knew it, he had his meaty claws around my neck, pushing me up the wall and cutting me off of any air.

I yelped as I struggled to breathe, loud enough for my mother to hear me and come bursting into the room. She gasped as my eyes landed on hers, her expression glazed with fear. “Edward!” she shouted as my father turned his head towards her, not loosening his grip, “Knock it off!”

My father turned back to me, a smirk plastered on his lips. “The boy’s gone gay, Charlotte,” he spat, “He said he’s in love. With another guy.” My mother tore her frightened eyes away from my father and glanced at me. I looked back at her and she bowed her head.

I took this that she was okay with me liking a guy. She was there for me and loved me no matter who I loved. But, at that moment, her support wouldn’t help as I was on the verge of suffocating. My father pushed his thumb deeper, cutting off more air from entering my lungs. I gasped as my feet dangled slightly above the ground.

“Edward, he’s your son! You’re going to kill him!” my mother yelled, as he stared into my eyes. He seemed to contemplate for a minute before he released his grip, causing me to collapse on the floor. He looked down at me with a cold stare before spitting at me turning around. “A fag like him is no son of mine.”

~~~~

I’m so sorry. I still hope you enjoyed the chapter. Make sure to leave your feedback and thanks for reading!