Unlikely Savior- Chapter 18

A/N: 

JFC guys, I'm sorry I've been making you wait so long for this chapter. *I know it's really not long compared to others' update schedules but for mine, it's like 1 week = 1 month* Anyways, sorry for that, I've just hadn't had the motivation to update anything recently. I've been having some trouble with my self-esteem as well and it's really been getting to me so I couldn't find the place in my mind to sit down and write this chapter. I still have no motivation but I feel like I owe it to you guys to update because of all the good feedback I've been getting on this story. So sorry if it's crap, but here's chapter eighteen of Unlikely Savior!

~~~~

*Phil's POV*

Later that same day, Dan and I met up outside the school building and headed to my place. Right as we were about to step off the school property, Emma called for Dan. The two of us spun around simultaneously, Dan inhaling sharply, as we saw Emma heading towards us.

She stopped right at our feet, the both of us towering over her as she looked up at us. She was silent for moment, looking over me with such hatred in her eyes. I shifted uncomfortably under her stare before she broke the contact and turned to Dan.

“Weren’t we supposed to hang out? You promised yesterday to Chris, PJ, and I that you’d go to the cinema with us,” a tone of melancholy crossed her words. Dan exhaled dramatically and looked at ground, rubbing the back of his neck and avoiding Emma’s eye contact. He remained silent before Emma cleared her throat, reminding Dan that she wasn’t just going to disappear.

“Yeah, about that,” Dan muttered, “I kind of forgot that Phil’s supposed to tutor me today.” I almost scoffed at the statement, knowing that there would obviously be no tutoring involved for the rest of the day. Dan looked up slightly as both of our eyes watched Emma’s reaction; it not being a good one.

“What is with you both?” she narrowed her eyes, glancing back and forth between the two of us, “First you two hate one another, then you guys are all buddy, buddy, then Dan’s  throwing punches, and now you’re suddenly good with one another. What’s up?”

“Dan, don’t tell me you’re his fag,” she whispered, looking around to make sure nobody heard her. Dan made a repulsed gasp, making it seem as if he actually was offended. “Phil and I are not together,” he emphasized the word as he spoke.

My heart stung a bit as the words flew from his mouth, sounding like he actually meant it. Emma looked over at me and I quickly nodded, Dan letting out a light sigh of relief. “He’s not my type,” I shrugged before Emma watched us for a few more moments and groaned.

“Whatever you say,” she turned, “But Phil, you better watch yourself.” I watched her as she ran up to Chris and PJ, saying something before the two of them both gave us a cold look. The three of them dashed off before I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

I looked over at Dan and he simply just turned and began to head in the direction we were walking, not saying anything. I caught up and walked along his side, staring at him and waiting for him to say something but nothing came out.

When we arrived to my house I unlocked the door and Dan took my hand and pulled me upstairs into my room. I flopped onto my bed and stared at him with shock as he pace the room, running his fingers through his hair.

I expected him to say something but he remained silent so I decided to take the lead of encouragement. “Dan, talk to me,” I pursued as he walked from one side of the room to the other, “What is it?” Dan grumbled before sitting down next to me, not looking at me.

“Phil, you know I didn’t mean what I said to Emma,” he explained and I nodded, not feeling sure as to why it was bothering you so much. “You know I would never actually mean that, Phil,” I watched him as he played with the rim of his shirt.

“Dan, it’s okay, I understand,” I reassured him, placing my hand on his knee, “You know I’m not stupid enough to actually believe that.” Dan nodded before grinning a bit and looking up at me. “Now come here, you goofball,” I giggled before pushing him back and connecting our lips.

Dan wrapped his arms around my back, gripping onto my shirt as our lips moved against each other, connecting perfectly. Within seconds, Dan had managed to slip his tongue into my mouth and began exploring as my hands rushed along the sides of his body, feeling out every curve.

Just as I reached the rim of his shirt and was prepared to rip it off, the doorbell rang and both of us groaned. I pushed myself up and Dan quickly grabbed my arm, pulling me back down. “Do you have to get it?” he whined as he pecked my lips, causing me to chuckle a bit. I nodded and he pouted before I pecked his lips one more time and got up to leave the room.

I got to the door and swung it open to reveal Sarah standing there with a smile on her face. I looked at her in confusion as she watched me, expecting me to know why she was there. “Well come on, I want to meet the husband,” she nodded as I blushed a bit, “I know he’s here Phil, where else would he be?”

“Phil, who is it?” he came downstairs, shirtless and hair all messy before stopping at the sight of Sarah. “Oh, am I interrupting?” she laughed as I shoved her, only making her laugh harder. Dan glared at her before running back upstairs and coming down fully clothed.

“Not anymore,” he mumbled causing me to mimic the glare Dan was giving to Sarah as well. “Sorry,” she muttered, sounding genuine before I smiled a bit. “It’s okay, now come in since you pretty much ruined the mood anyways,” I laughed, moving aside as Sarah entered and flopped on the couch.

“Well Dan, this is Sarah. Sarah, this is Dan,” I introduced the two as if they had no idea who the other was. “Hey,” Dan talked almost inaudibly, most likely thinking about everything that went on. Sarah raised an eyebrow at his attitude and looked over at me before I gave her a look. She quickly understood and let out a slight giggle.

“Look Dan, there’s nothing going on with Phil and I anymore, and there won’t be again,” she stared him in the eye with such seriousness that he automatically cheered up. “There better not be because shit it was terrible watching the two of you together,” he blushed a bit as Sarah’s laughter grew louder.

“Don’t worry, there won’t be,” she looked over at me, “Besides, I sort of met a guy after the two of you ran off at the party.” I sat in the recliner as Dan sat next to Sarah and the two of us watched her as she smiled lightly. “When were you going to tell me about this?” I exclaimed and she shrugged. “I was getting around to it.”

“Well, I guess we can watch a movie now that you’re here,” I turned on the TV to find the channel starting off with high school musical. “Yes please,” Dan called out as Sarah and I both looked over to him. He nodded with certainty before I shook my head and went back to the couch, Sarah quickly taking my spot at the recliner so I could sit aside Dan.

Dan quickly shuffled next to me and placed his head on my shoulder, my arm wrapping around him. It was almost as if he didn’t even acknowledge Sarah’s presence, like he didn’t care that she saw him cuddled up with me. I smiled to myself before the three of us went on with watching them film and just hanging out for the rest of the evening.

~~~

Eh, better than I expected but yeah. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Again, sorry for making you all wait for so long, but please leave your feedback and thank you for reading!