Unlikely Savior- Chapter 24

A/N:

Okay, from now on I am getting down to business. I am determined to get this story done by next week. There are only about 3-5 chapters left in this story so it's coming to an end soon. I've decided that I am indeed going to include a sad ending/epilogue in this book. But, I'll also include a happy one and I'll post them at the same time and label them so you guys can decided what you want to read. Other than that, here's chapter twenty-four of Unlikely Savior!

~~~~

*Dan's POV*

For the past two weeks, Phil had been coming to school every day. Of course, I noticed, how could I not? He looked just as bad as I did and I couldn’t have felt worse about it. I was causing his pain and the only thing I wanted was for him to be happy, which he obviously wasn’t.

Ever since people found out about us, there had been tons of support, and I was so relieved. There were quite a lot of people who disagreed with it but it didn’t really faze us. But, right when word started to get around than Phil and I were broken up, things had gotten much worse.

It seemed as if most people blamed me for the breakup, which they should of. Now practically nobody was there for me; I was literally all alone. I didn’t have my ‘friends’, I didn’t have Sarah because she was with Phil, I didn’t have any person to comfort me because they were comforting Phil, I didn’t have my parents, and most of all, I didn’t have Phil.

And, the worst part was that the realization of this hit me every time I walked through those school doors. Every time I entered the school grounds, I wasn’t greeted by someone like usual. I was faced to walk down the halls with everyone’s glares pointed at me.

Seeing Phil in English and passing him in the halls didn’t make anything better. We’d just been outed and I ruined that opportunity just like that. Now, every time I passed him, I was reminded that I couldn’t run up to him and hug him, I couldn’t peck his cheek, I couldn’t mess with his hair, I couldn’t do anything to him because I was such a daft idiot.

~~

That Monday in English I sat, waiting for the heart wrenching feeling to erupt inside of me once Phil walked into the room. But, it didn’t happen, Phil didn’t walk into the room. I leaned back and sighed as I kept my eyes on the door.

The weirdest thing was that I should’ve been relieved not to see Phil. It took away the pain I felt every time I saw his icy blue eyes. But, it felt wrong not seeing him. Even if it caused me the most amount of pain, I still wanted to see him.

I could’ve sworn I saw him passing in the halls with Sarah before second period started. I couldn’t have imagined him, unless I was going absolutely mad. I shook my head and diverted my attention to my desk as the teacher’s voice flooded the room.

~~

By the time the class ended, Phil hadn’t showed up to the room. I was positive I had seen him, so it was most likely that Sarah had dragged him somewhere instead of class. I got up and dashed out the room before anyone else could stand from their seats.

I rushed out the doors just as the bell for lunch rang and sat behind an old tree in front of the school. Kids began to file out of the doors and rush to the park across the road. I watched every one of them, hoping that maybe Phil would be in there with the crowd, but to no avail.

I huffed and closed my eyes, leaning my head back against the tree. Why was this boy affecting me so much? Was this what breaking up with someone you’re in love with felt like? If so, it was utter hell.

I tuned out all of the sounds around me, my thoughts taking over the environment around me. A tear slipped out of my eye as thoughts of happy memories between Phil and I ran through my head. How was I ever going to get over this? Did I even want to get over this?

And, just as my day couldn’t get worse, I felt someone’s presence at my side. I opened my eyes, wiping the couple of tears away, and turned my head only to find Chris sitting there, a nervous smile on his face. I glared at him and turned my head away, not wanting to look him in the eyes.

“Fuck off,” I muttered, tearing at the grass below me. “Dan, please,” Chris pleaded, “Look, I’m not supposed to be seen with you, but I just want to talk for a minute.” I turned back to him, the same frustrated expression on my face.

“Why do you even want to talk to me?” I scowled, “You’re supposed to hate me.” Chris looked down, looking slightly guilty. “I don’t hate you, Dan,” he muttered, “But, you out of all people should what it’s like to want to keep your reputation up.”

I thought for a minute before deciding that he did have a point. I loosened my tense posture up bit, pulling another handful of grass. “Okay, what is it then?” I questioned. “Okay, well you know I still don’t support whatever you had with Phil,” Chris began, “But, that doesn’t mean I don’t hate seeing you be this way.”

“You’re a mess, Dan,” he spoke, “And, it’s pretty obvious that you want nothing but to have Phil back. You love him don’t you?” I nodded weakly as my heart stung a little. “Okay, well even though I’m not supposed to be your friend, I still am,” Chris admitted, “And, I don’t like seeing you be this miserable. So, what you’re going to do is find Phil, and you’re going to tell him how you feel.”

I stayed silent before nodding and getting up. “Thanks, Chris,” I smiled lightly, “You always knew how to cheer someone up.” Chris nodded before I turned and headed back into the school, spending the rest of my planning what I was going to do once I saw Phil.

~~~~

Go Chris. Yeah, anyways I hoped you guys liked that chapter! Make sure to leave your feedback and thanks for reading!