Unlikely Savior- Chapter 19

A/N:

Hey guys! I just want to thank you all so much for being supportive and stuff, so thanks a bunch. Anyways, after writing that chapter yesterday, I've gotten back the motivation and my mind is just filled with ideas. So, here's chapter nineteen of Unlikely Savior for you lovelies! 

~~~~

*Dan's POV* 

The two of us sprawled out on the sofa, watching some kind of documentary that I didn’t bother to pay attention to. My head was placed upon his lap as I stared up at him watching the screen, all his features accentuated by the soft glow.

I smiled to myself as I played with his hand, not tearing my eyes from his face. He glanced down and his crystalized eyes met mine, making my heart jump a bit. I looked away, blushing slightly and furrowing my brow.

I’d never felt that before; the feeling of my heart skipping a beat. I huffed at myself lightly, pulling myself away from any further thoughts. I still felt Phil’s eyes glued onto the top of my head and I glanced back up at him, blushing once again, my stomach churning lightly this time.

“What?” I felt the heat creep onto my face as his lips curved into a small smile. “Nothing, you’re just so beautiful,” his smile grew and I pouted, feeling rather embarrassed. “Oh, shut up,” I poked his stomach, causing him to let out a quiet yelp.

Phil looked back up, but instead of looking at the screen, he leaned his head back and shut his eyes. “No, don’t fall asleep,” I chimed, causing him to flip open his eyes and look down at me once again, “Aren’t you going to take me home?”

“You could always stay the night,” Phil suggested, “My mom’s working extra hours for the night so she’s not back until tomorrow.” I thought for a minute, considering whether or not I should stay. What would I do about my clothing? I couldn’t just come in the same outfit and I couldn’t wear any of Phil’s clothing for the sake of people noticing.

“You can get ready here in the morning,” he spoke as if he read my mind, “Then we can stop by your place for you to change before we head to school.” I pondered for another moment before giving in and nodding. If I had an opportunity to spend more time with Phil, I’d take it.

Phil smiled as he leaned forward, pecking my forehead quickly and falling back, passing out within seconds. I watched him as small breaths left his slightly open mouth. I stared at his lips, watching the corners twitch every once in a while. I felt my heart rate increase as I looked over his entire face, taking in all of its beauty.

My tiredness began taking its toll on me as my eyelids tried to shut themselves. Soon, I began to hear light snores coming from Phil and I smiled to myself. The boy was just too perfect, everything about him being so amazing.

It was weird, the fact that in the beginning of the year I was so afraid of being around him, worrying that if he did the simplest thing like bump shoulders with me, my entire reputation would be ruined. But, it was all far from that. He was one of the best people I’d ever met in my life; he was actually the only good person I’d really known. I thought he’d ruin my life, make coming to school even worse, but no.

Phil did nothing but make my school days better. Even if I couldn’t show my affection towards him like I could when we were alone, the fact that I was able to see him every day made it so much easier for me to get out of bed in the morning.

Phil was all I looked forward to, every time I woke up, he’d be the first thing on my mind. I realized quite a while back, before any of this even happened with Phil, that I had nothing to live for. Every breath I took, every step I took, it was all just a waste of space. Nobody actually liked me, they were all just afraid of me. Being so tough to keep up my reputation affected nothing but my grades, so no college would want me.

It wasn’t until I began to actually get to know Phil that I found myself trying again. I’d given up so long ago, not bothering to try in life. I just became a bundle of flesh and bone, going through day to day. But Phil, he actually made me feel more than that. He broke down the wall that I built up to shut everyone out.

And then it hit me. I realized that love for me wasn’t giving anything just to spend more time with Phil, even though I would. Love for me wasn’t doing anything for Phil, and it wasn’t wanting to protect him either.

Love for me was having that one thing to live for. It was having that one thing that kept you moving even when there was nothing worth moving for. That one person who made you feel alive again, even in times when you didn’t want to be. That person for me was Phil.

Even if I was only with him for a few days, it didn’t matter. All those months that we spent together, with him tutoring me and us just being happy with one another. It was more than enough for me to realize that I was in love with Phil. I was in love with Phil because he was my reason to live.

And so, I let sleep take over me as I stared at the moon outside the window. My eyes began to shut and soon I found myself seconds from falling asleep. But, just as I fell into slumber I managed so whisper one last thing. “I love you, Phil Lester.”

~~~~

Ayyy cuteness. Sorry for the shortness of the chapter but I didn’t really want to continue after that because I think it’d take away from the feeling of that moment. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed that chapter because I loved writing it. Make sure to leave your feedback and thank you all so much for reading!