Unlikely Savior- Chapter 6

A/N: 

I think I may be updating more than once today! IDK, we'll see. But here's chapter six of Unlikely Savior!

~~~~

*Dan's POV*

The next morning I was up and out of bed pacing around my room, chewing on my nails. My mind clouded with several menacing questions as I stormed around the oversized bedroom.

Why did I invite Phil to that party? What was I thinking? What are people going to think of me when I show up with him? What are people going to think of him? Are people even going to be sober enough to notice? Why do I even care so much?

Phil was a better friend than any of the people who’d actually be at the party. Why was I so afraid to be proud of our friendship? Was it even a friendship? What was that thingy that happened yesterday afternoon?

I mean I was used to Phil being bisexual now, him making it clear he wasn’t going to try anything on me. But, that still didn’t resent the fact that I thought the whole thing was gross. But if I thought it was all so gross, why did I have that moment with Phil? I actually had an urge to just lean in and close the gap between us.

I shuddered at the thought and shook my head as I walked into the bathroom. I quickly rinsed my face, hoping it would help erase some of my thoughts but to no avail the thoughts remained. 

But, why did Phil interrupt the moment? Did he actually not want me like that, not even the least bit? Almost everybody in the school wanted me, what was so different about Phil? Why is it even bothering me so much if I don’t like him like that and never will?

I flopped onto my bed and let out a loud groan as I stared up at my ceiling. I couldn’t let this get to the best of me. Phil probably had forgotten all about it or just shrugged it off as nothing. I shouldn’t have been worrying so much; it really wasn’t a big deal. Phil was coming over in an hour and we’d just act like we always did, like nothing happened, which it didn’t.

~~

The bell rang, the chime spreading though out the house as I slipped on my shirt. I dashed downstairs, feeling somewhat anxious to actually open the door. By the time I got down my hands were clammy and shaky. I reluctantly reach towards the door handle and slowly pulled it open to reveal a cheery Phil in front of me.

“So, this is actually my first party and I have no fucking clue what I’m supposed to do,” Phil entered the house without even greeting me. “How am I even supposed to dress? All my clothes suck,” he paced slightly as I shut the door behind me.

“Dan, people are going to think I’m such a freak,” Phil walked back and forth with fear in his eyes. I smiled a bit before standing in front of him and stopping him by placing my hands on his shoulders. “Phil, calm down,” I looked reassuringly at him, “I’m going to guide you through this. Don’t worry.”

Phil took in a deep breath and smiled weakly, nodding and letting out the air from his lungs. “So, what’s first?” Phil was more than ready to start whatever I had in store. “First we’ve got to pick out an outfit for you,” I began to head towards and up my stairs, Phil following behind me.

We entered my room and Phil hopped onto my bed cross-legged. I opened up my wardrobe and began shuffling through loads of clothing. It was safe to assume that Phil was pretty much my size. I needed to find something that fit a party mood yet looked nice on him and fit his personality. Most of my clothing was black but I managed to find a pair of black skinny jeans and a black and red, short sleeved, checkered shirt that I never really wore. It was a cool shirt that my mom bought a while back, it just didn’t really fit my style, but it fit Phil’s.

I tossed the clothing next to Phil on the bed and shut my wardrobe. “Don’t put it on yet, we have to do your hair first,” I gestured for Phil to get up as he looked at me in repulse. “Are you saying my hair is ugly?” Phil gasped jokingly causing me to laugh. “Your hair’s fine, it just needs a bit more mess to it,” I spoke as Phil nodded and got up.

We walked into the bathroom and I grabbed my straighteners and some hairspray. Phil grabbed a small stool from the corner of the room and pulled it in front of the mirror, flopping down onto it. “Begin,” Phil clapped his hands while he spoke with an extreme posh accent. I shook my head before I grabbed the straightener and began to work.

Phil’s hair was extremely soft, it almost made me jealous how soft it was. I took my time running the strands through the iron, almost not wanting to stop. His hair was just so soft; I didn’t want to lose the feeling of it. But, eventually I had finished and had let go of the black locks.

I waited a few moments for his hair to cool off a bit before I sprayed a coat of hairspray over it. After another few seconds, letting the hairspray dry up, I ran my fingers through his fringe a couple of times to poof it up. Then for the sake of it, I muffled my hand into his hair before taking a step back and smiling at my work. “Done,” I looked at Phil in the mirror as he looked at himself in disbelief.

“I actually look good for once,” Phil ran his fingers through his hair as he observed himself. “You always look good,” I suddenly sputtered out before turning deeply red. Where did that even come from? Why the hell did I say that? Phil turned a bit pink before getting up and putting the chair back into place. “Now what?” he looked expectantly at me as I held the bathroom door for him.

“Well, believe it or not, that actually took me about an hour so we’ve got to go,” I checked my watch, “You better go change.” Phil nodded before running to my room and coming back out with clothing in his hand, passing me and heading back into the bathroom. I went downstairs and slipped on my shoes before sitting back down on the couch and waiting for Phil.

After about five minutes or so Phil came down looking rather self-conscious but happy. My mouth almost fell open as I took in his appearance. Even though I didn’t do much, he looked completely different. He actually looked much more attractive than he usual—Wait, what? That was normal to say, right? You could say another guy looked attractive even though you were straight, right?

I shook off the thought and forced a small grin onto my face before pointing towards a pair of my black converse. “You could wear those if you want,” I gestured, “I think they’ll match your outfit.” Phil nodded as he grabbed them and slipped them on. “Ready?” I asked as Phil smiled and nodded before I opened the door and turned off the lights.

We exited my house and I locked the door before we began to slowly walk. I checked my watch and grinned lightly. “It’s already about an hour and a half into the party so most people are probably already passed out drunk,” I spoke as Phil giggled a bit. “I usually come late to parties because I hate making a huge entrance while everyone’s sober and still knows who I am,” I spoke as we walked along the sidewalks.

Eventually, the house the party was at began to appear as we heard a bass from the block down. As we got closer we began to make out people on the ground, passed out, and people making out all over the surroundings of the building. Phil stopped in his tracks and looked at me with fright. “It’s okay, you’ll be fine,” I smiled at him, “Now come one.” Though, I honestly didn’t know if he’d be fine, I had no idea what was to come ahead for the night.

~~~~

So, I hope you guys enjoyed chapter six of Unlikely Savior. I think I’m going to update once more on this story today and I think I’m going to update my other story, Forgotten By His Memories, as well. So look forward to that and also make sure to leave your feedback and all the usual stuff. Thanks for reading!