Unlikely Savior- Chapter 3

A/N: 

Hello fellow citizens, I hope you're all having a good day! So, tomorrow I'm going on my senior trip so I won't be writing, just warning you ahead of time! But other than that, I'm here to bring you chapter three of Unlikely Savior!

~~~~

*Phil's POV*

Dan’s house was honestly gigantic. It wasn’t like a mansion or anything too fancy but it sure was big compared to my tiny home. It also felt a lot more comforting than my house. It was neat but there were tiny messes here and there, which gave it a sense of home, like it was settled in.

Dan’s parents must’ve made a lot of money to afford such a big home. My parents barely made enough to keep us inside the home we were currently living in. It was probably the reason they expected me to get good marks, so I’d be able to get a much better job and make much more money than the two of them.

I walked into Dan’s house as he gestured for me to come in, flopping my bag on the usual spot where I dropped it at home. Dan scoffed a bit and moved my bag, placing his where mine used to be.

He eventually walked into the kitchen to get snacks as I looked around his lounge. A fancy ceiling fan hanging above me with small lamps hanging all around it, a leather couch and recliner, small table with magazines scattered on it, and a huge flat screen. I eyed the flat screen until my eyes flew to a play station with about two stacks of video games.

I picked up two of the games and looked over the others, smiling to myself, as these were pretty much all the games I like as well. At least Dan and I had one thing in common.

Dan suddenly walked out from the kitchen and I faced him, raising my eyebrow teasingly at him. “Never did I think Dan Howell, the most popular guy in school, was a video game nerd,” I pushed back my laughter as I caught Dan’s cheeks turning a slight pink.

His expression suddenly changed from embarrassment to anger as he glared at me with the usual stare he gave me. But, this time it didn’t scare me as much as it usually did; not to say it didn’t scare me at all. I quickly shook my head and placed down the two games in my hands and looked to see his expression was calmer once again.

“Now onto the studying, shall we?” he rolled his eyes as he grabbed the books from his bag and sat on the couch. Immediately, I hopped onto the couch besides him sending a peculiar shock through me.

“Where do we start?” Dan mumbled as he began to flip through the pages. “Well, what’s your worst subject?” I eyed the books, assuming his worst subject was physics since that’s what the books were mostly about. “Physics, I guess,” he gestured to the books. I nodded before flipping to a certain page and beginning the next hour and a half of studying.

~~

“Ugh, I’m done here,” Dan groaned as he fell back into the couch. “I think that makes two of us,” I nodded, mimicking his actions. He suddenly giggled to himself and smirked, “I thought a nerd like you couldn’t get enough of studying.”

I looked down, wanting to make some kind of remark but nothing came out. I knew where I was; I was in Dan’s house. I was in his house and we were alone, who knew what he could do to me.

I glanced up to see he was staring at me, his smirk replaced with sadness. “Christ, I’m sorry,” Dan sighed and I looked to him with a bewildered look. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me,” he shook his head and looked down at his hands.

“For what?” I asked, though I knew exactly what he was referring to, but I still wanted to hear it from him. “I don’t know why I treat you like that,” he fiddled with his hands as he spoke, “I guess it’s because I’m afraid my reputation would get ruined if people saw me show the smallest bit of kindness to you.”

And in that exact moment, I couldn’t have felt any worse for Dan. The poor boy made it look like his life was so hard because he had a reputation to keep. The only reason he harassed me for all those years was because of some dumb persona he held over the school.

I was so infuriated; I felt my face become red. But even if I was on the verge of punching Dan in the face all I could say was, “It’s okay.” I softly place my hand on his shoulder causing him to flinch. Quickly, I pulled my hand away from the boy, as I knew what he was thinking. “As if Dan,” I laughed causing him to turn a bit red, “You seriously need to check your ego.”

After a few moments of silence since Dan hadn’t made a comment on my last remark I began to get up. “I think I should get going now,” I muttered, almost sounding as if I was disappointed to leave.

“Actually, can we hang out for a bit?” Dan asked nervously, his voice cracking at the end of the question, “I get pretty bored here so maybe we can play some video games or something.” I smiled slightly before shrugging and heading back over to the couch.

Dan excitedly handed me a remote and we began a match in Mario Kart. For the next thirty minutes, we continued playing, yelling and laughing at one another. It almost felt as if the two of us never had any hate for one another. Dan was a completely different guy when he wasn’t in school; he was a guy I didn’t actually hate.

Eventually, I glance at my watch and decided I should head home before my parents got there. “I think I’m going to go,” I grinned as I got up and straightened my oversized t-shirt. Dan frowned for a slight second before nodding, “Alright.”

I grabbed my bag and swung open the door and began to head out when I suddenly stopped in my tracks. Quickly, I poked myself back into the house. “Oh and Dan,” I smirked, feeling slightly confident for once, “I think you’d be much more popular if you were your actual self in school.” And with that, I quickly turned and walked away from Dan’s house, feeling a slight rush of adrenaline through me.

~~~~

Hoped you guys enjoyed that chapter! Make sure to leave your feedback and thank you for reading! Bye <3