Unlikely Savior- Chapter 28

A/N:

Okay, so I'm almost 100% sure that after this chapter there is only going to be either one chapter left and the ending + epilogue or just the ending + epilogue right after this chapter. Either way, this story is pretty much coming to an end! Anyways, here's chapter twenty-eight of Unlikely Savior for you to enjoy! Again, sorry if this chapter is short as well.

~~~~

*Dan's POV*

There was only two days left before I had to go back to the torture of seeing Phil everyday. It wasn’t like it’d be much worse, I already had the image of him plastered into my mind, seeing him in reality wouldn’t be much different. Besides, I much rather preferred the pain of seeing Phil than the pain I was getting from my father.

Ever since I opened my big mouth to the guy, he’d been coming to my room everyday, giving me his ‘lessons’. He was more than determined to get these ‘thoughts’ out of my head. He’d find me every day and begin beating on me until I pretty much got knocked out. Then, the next day he’d come back and repeat the process.

Some days were better than others, him either being too exhausted to put too much force. It’d only been a week but it felt like months, the suffrage of his beatings and the thoughts of Phil, it was all too much for me to handle. It wasn’t like I couldn’t deal with my fathers abuse back then, but this time it was much, much worse.

I laid in my bed, my bruises and cuts throbbing with pain. My eyes were swollen shut, only glimpses of the ceiling above me visible. He didn’t even give me a day to rest before coming into my room and attacking me. I wouldn’t be surprised if I died the next time he came into the room.

My mom couldn’t do anything about it either. As much as she wanted to help me out, she couldn’t. She tried to, but I told her to leave me alone. Not that I didn’t want her comfort, I just wanted her to keep herself safe as well. She wanted to leave him and take me with her, but she couldn’t. He’d always find us and the attacks would always get worse. We were trapped in this hell, and there was nothing we could do about it.  

A tear slipped from my eye and the cuts on my cheeks stung from the salty water. I couldn’t take any more of the torture, it hurt too much. I wish I could just run away to Phil’s house and have him comfort me and wrap me in his gentle arms. But, I couldn’t, and the thought of that only brought me more pain.

A knock on my door sounded across the room and I groaned internally. “Dan, open up,” the knock grew louder,  “It’s time for your lesson.” Another tear slipped from my eye as his deep voice sounded from behind the door. I couldn’t deal with yet another ‘lesson’. I had to get out of it somehow.

“Can we skip today?” I whimpered, “Like a day off?” It was silent for a few moments before the doorknob began to shake. “I’m not having any exceptions here, Daniel!” he shouted, pounding on the door, “Unlock the door right this instant!”

I jumped up, almost falling over once again at another strike of pain. I looked around the room for something I could use to help me. There was nothing, I was out of luck, completely helpless. I had to somehow escape from him, but how? He had boarded up my window and the only way out now was through the door, which he was standing right in front of.

I decided to take the risk and within seconds I was bursting out the door and shoving my father out of the way, slipping away from his grip. I felt his enormous steps running after me, his fingers sliding across my skin as he tried to grab hold of me. With every step I took, a wave of pain shot through me, but I had to ignore it. I couldn’t give in now, I had to get as far away as possible.

I ran into the room next door and tried to shut the door but he got in before I could. I ran to the back of the room, throwing things in front of me so he couldn’t get to me. But, eventually he cornered me, almost getting his raw hands on me before I slipped out from under him.

I dashed out the room, to the next, repeating the same thing as I did in the last room. He got to me once again but I managed to escape another time. We ended up rushing downstairs and I yelled for my mom to get out of the house as fast as possible. She was hesitant at first before I grabbed her myself and pushed her out, throwing her the car keys.

We ended up running throughout the entire house, knocking over and breaking almost every valuable item in sight.  By the time I got back upstairs, my feet gave in and I fell to the ground in my room. It fell silent as I heard my father’s footsteps inch away from the room. It was quiet for a few seconds before he came back to the room, a miniature bat in his hand.

And, just as I thought things couldn’t get worse, I felt the impact of his first hit. “Strike one,” he sneered before as I curled into myself, trying my hardest to protect  the vital parts of my body.  The next hit came, a bit worse than the first, "Strike two," and I let out a screech.

The hits shot waves and waves of pain through my entire body before I felt the last hit on my head. And, just as the pain began to rush through my scalp, my surroundings went black. "Strike three," I heard his deep voice whisper and that was it. I no longer felt the pain.

~~~~

Please don’t hate me, guys. I’m so sorry. I still hope you enjoyed the chapter. Make sure to leave your feedback and thank you for reading!