Unlikely Savior- Chapter 8

A/N:

Hola! So I had prom yesterday and damn that shit was fun. Like, I'm not the one for social situations and dancing and dressing up and all that stuff, and I was about to not go because it was like $60 admission and then the dress and everything else is money too, but I ended up going because all my friends were so I was like might as well, and I'm so happy I went. It was literally one of the best nights I've had in a while, and I actually danced and talked to people. Like, I am so proud of myself; I don't even think you guys understand. Anyways, I'll stop talking about my life and get on with chapter eight of Unlikely Savior! 

~~~~

*Phil's POV* 

The next morning I woke up, stirring a bit in my sheets as I tried to focus my blurry vision. Slowly, I reached over and slipped on my glasses, letting my eyes adjust. I was just about to lay my head back down when I realized something was missing. Where was Dan?

I pushed myself out of my bed and looked around the room to see if he had left anything of his but there was nothing. I quickly pulled open the door and ran downstairs to find my mom in the kitchen.

“Hello Phillip,” she spoke in a distant and cold voice, “Your little friend scattered off about half an hour ago without saying anything.” I rolled my eyes and began to drag myself back upstairs before I felt someone get hold of my wrist.

“Phillip, I don’t want you seeing that boy anymore, you hear me?” my mom frowned at me as she tightened her grip. “Mom, I told you, we’re not doing anything. He was just drunk so I helped him out, can you just drop it already?” I raised my voice slightly.

Automatically, I regretted yelling because right after I finished she was only inches away from me, fury in her eyes. “Now, what did I say about using that attitude with me, Phillip?” she glared as I shuddered at her voice.

And, once again I felt her hand rip across my face, about ten times worse than last night. “Now, you are not to be around that boy anymore or else these teensy slaps will lead to much worse, do you understand?” she whispered as I quickly nodded before she smirked, patted my head like some kind of dog and walked back to the kitchen.

I felt hot water stream down my cheeks, slightly burning the mark left on my face. But, I just shook my head; I couldn’t focus on that now. I had to figure out why Dan would just leave like that. He couldn’t have remembered the kiss, could he? He was to drunk to have the slightest idea of what he was doing. Besides, he couldn’t possibly think that I’d think we were something now just because of that kiss. I knew he was drunk, I knew I wouldn’t get anything from it. I was just planning to ignore it this morning.

I rushed into my room and grabbed my phone, flopping onto my bed and wiping the tears from my face. Quickly, I dialed in the number that I found pretty easy to memorize and place the phone to my ear.

The phone rang about twice before going to Dan’s voicemail. I groaned and hung the phone up before deciding to text Dan.

Hey Dan, what happened? You just disappeared this morning, I was supposed to help you with your hangover. Did something bad happen? Call me! –Phil  

I sent the message and placed my phone on my chest as I waited for several minutes. But to no avail, there was no reply, even after about thirty minutes. Dan was shutting me out and it was probably all because of the kiss.

I didn’t know how to feel. For some reason, I wasn’t upset, I just felt stupid for letting this happen. I should’ve known that something like this was bound to happen. I shouldn’t have brought Dan home, I should’ve just helped him out at the party.