Unlikely Savior- Chapter 13

A/N:

Hello children! Just kidding, I think I'm probably your age or younger so... Anyways, off topic. Okay, so wow, I didn't expect this phic to get as good feedback as it actually did so thank you guys so much! Um yeah, here's the next chapter of Unlikely Savior for you to enjoy!

~~~~

*Phil's POV* 

“Okay, so Dan’s staring at the two of us right now and I think he still believes us to be a couple so what I’m about to do is going to benefit the both of us,” Sarah whispered into my ear suddenly as we turned in a circle, my head facing away from Dan.

“What are you going to do and how is it going to benefit the both of us?” my suspicions raised as we swayed side to side. “Well, since I’m probably never going to be able to do this again since you only like me as a friend,” she explained, “And you have a chance to make Dan jealous by doing this, I think it’ll work out well.”

As Dan came into my vision while we span, our eyes connected for a mere second and I realized he was indeed staring at us. And within seconds, a smirk crossed my face before Sarah leaned in and clashed our lips against one another. As we moved in synch, I felt Dan’s stare on the side of my face causing me to pull Sarah closer to me and deepen our kiss.

But only after a few seconds, I felt the presence of Dan’s eyes leave me and I pulled away to find Dan running out of the room. “Oh okay, I didn’t think he’d get that jealous,” Sarah mumbled as I looked at her frantically. What was I supposed to do? “Go!” Sarah suddenly pushed me and I found my feet moving quickly below me.

I shoved several people out of the way until I navigated myself out of the house. I looked around but caught no sight of anyone. I was just about to turn around and head back inside before I heard sniffling coming from somewhere down the street.

I quickly rushed down the steps and squinted to make out a figure running further and further away. “Dan!” I shouted as I quickened my pace after the darkened silhouette. He suddenly came to a halt and I stopped as well, not wanting to break his limits. But once again, he went off running and turned around the corner.

I huffed and sped up once again but as I turned the corner, he was gone, nowhere to be seen. I stopped and caught my breath as I paced from side to side. Where could he have gone? He couldn’t have gone to a friend, they were probably at the party, and he couldn’t have gone to Emma’s, her being at the party as well.

His parents were probably h—Oh wait. Once again, I dashed towards the direction of his all too familiar block. Within only a minute, his house came into sight and I slowed to fast pace walk. He probably needed a few seconds to adjust himself before I came bursting through his door.

As I approached his door, my heart rate increased and I became unusually nervous. How was I supposed to approach him? ‘Yeah, I just snogged a girl in front of you face but I’m actually into you.’ I shrugged and decided I’d use that as some sort of guideline.

I arrived at his doorstep and lightly knocked on the door only to find it was still open, Dan probably not thinking enough to close it. I shoved it open and firmly closed it behind me before running up the stairs and guiding myself to his room.

I slightly creased open the door only for it to make an annoyingly loud squeak causing Dan to jump up from his bed. “Phil?” he feverishly wiped his face to make it seem as if he wasn’t crying, though it didn’t work, “What the hell are you doing here? How’d you get in?”

“Um, you left your door open,” I looked down at my feet, not wanting to sound like some sort of creepy intruder, “I want to talk to you.” Dan sat on the floor and leaned his head back against his bed, shutting his eyes.