Unlikely Savior- Chapter 21

A/N: 

Hey guys. Before I start the chapter, I just want to thank you for 2k reads on this story! Like you know, if you even read these A/N's, I've been having writers block pretty much the entire time writing this story and the fact that you all still read it means a lot. So thank you, and here's chapter twenty-one of Unlikely Savior. *this is now the longest out of all my stories, chapter wise*

~~~~

*Dan's POV*

I sat in class, tapping my fingers on my desks surface as I waited for the bell to ring. I had to find out what was going on, just to calm my thoughts. But, it seemed like everyone around knew what was happening accept for Phil and I, only making my thoughts wonder further.

Could they have… no. They couldn’t have known, it was impossible. Phil and I didn’t even show the slightest bit of affection towards one another in public. I couldn’t reject the fact that when we were together in public, there was obvious tension between us, but that didn’t mean we were automatically an item, even though we were. A person couldn’t have just seen us talking and immediately found out about our relationship.

I sighed, some of the weight lifting from my shoulders as the excuses ran through my mind, making enough sense to debunk the fact that anybody knew about mine and Phil’s relationship. Eventually, the bell rang, causing me to jump a bit and pull myself out of my thoughts.

As usual, Phil and I were both the last to file out of the room but something was off. Phil walked over to Sarah’s side but they didn’t walk off like they usually did. This time they stood there, staring at me. I looked around and I realized why they were giving me those concerned looks. Emma, Chris, and PJ were gone, nowhere in sight.

Sarah sighed, rushing over to me and grabbing me by the wrist before dragging both Phil and me out of the building. She turned to us as we stared at her, shocked. “You don’t know do you?” she looked at us with a stern expression. “Are we supposed to know something?” Phil piped up, speaking for both of us.

Sarah didn’t speak, glancing down and shaking her head before looking back at the two of us. “Sarah what is it?” Phil asked, a bit more serious. Sarah took a breath while fumbling with her hands before talking.

“Okay, but you guys can’t freak out on me,” she glanced at me, “Especially you Dan.” I shrugged, before she threw the next pair of words at us. “Somebody got a picture of the two of you at Phil’s and sent it out,” she rushed the sentence, “Everybody knows.”

She continued to speak but I couldn’t bother to listen as I turned on my heel and dashed towards the school. I felt the heat rise on my face as my eyes began to blur. Quickly I got to the doors and busted them open, all the people in the hall directing their stares towards me, but I couldn’t care less.

I pushed passed whoever was in my way, eventually finding my way to bathroom and flying into the stalled room. Two guys stood there, drying off their hands before looking up at me and smirking. “Gay boy,” one of them mumbled before the two of them pushed me to the side and walked out.

Tears soon began to spill from my eyes as I slid down one of the corners behind the sinks, blocking myself from anyone’s sight as best as I could. I wiped my face furiously, hyperventilating as everything came together.

That night, right before I dozed off, I remembered staring out at the moon. I nearly hit myself for being such an idiot. How could I not have closed those shades? How could I have been so daft as to not think that people walked by Phil’s on their way to school.

I heard the bathroom door creak and footsteps enter as I shut my eyes, bearing for whatever beating I was about to receive, but nothing came. I peeked through one eye to find Phil sitting in front of me, looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

“How could I have been such an idiot?” I whispered, feeling Phil’s hand on my knee. “It’s not your fau-”

“No, but it is!” I interrupted, “If I had only closed those damned shades, none of this would’ve been happening!” Phil jerked back a bit at the tone of my voice, but I didn’t calm down. Instead I got up and rushed out the room.

I looked each end of the hallway, everyone’s eyes on me, before spotting the three. I stormed up to them as all of them hushed their chatter and turned towards me. “Okay, which one of you was it,” I crossed my arms, not a slightest bit of mercy in my voice.

Emma cackled as she looked up at me to meet my blood shot eyes. “Don’t go acting all tough now, Daniel,” she huffed, “Not one person is going to fall for that stupid act of yours now.” I rolled my eyes, not breaking my posture. “I should’ve known you never changed,” I muttered, only causing Emma to let out a mischievous laugh.

PJ suddenly stepped up, standing by Emma’s side, his arms reflecting the actions of mine. “How could you not have noticed that we were only around because everyone looked up to you?” he growled, “But you don’t even have that now.”

I began to feel the rage build up inside of me and I was just about to throw my first hit before I heard Phil call out behind me. “Dan stop!” he shouted, causing to spin in his direction, “It’s not worth it.” I heard a slight giggled from the three behind me. “Aw, your boyfriend coming to help?” Emma spoke up causing a few people around us to laugh.

I quickly turned around and raised my hand but was once again interrupted. “Dan! Stop, I mean it!” he yelled, his voice becoming even louder, “Why is it even bothering you so much? Is your reputation really that important?” I groaned and lowered my hand before turning back to Phil.

“As a matter of fact, it is important, Phil,” I replied, my voice just as loud as his, “It was all I had and now it’s gone because of you. Now I’m back to ground zero, ready to receive beating every day because I’m once again a worthless loser. And not just a worthless loser, a worthless loser who’s into guys.”

I expected some sort of retort but nothing came. Phil remained silent as I looked up at him to find him glancing down, pain written across his face. The realization of what I had said soon dawned over me and my eyes widened. “Phil, I didn’t mean it like that,” my voice got much lower.

“Of course you didn’t Dan,” he turned around, “Of course you didn’t.” He began to walk off and I quickly grabbed hold of his shoulder only for him to jerk out of it and resume his pace.

“Oops, did I just screw that up?” Emma grinned as Chris and PJ laughed along. “Fuck you,” I snared, glaring coldly at all three of them. “Obviously not,” Emma replied causing me to shake my head, not even bothering anymore.

And, just as I was about to walk away I glanced at Chris and PJ, the two standing behind Emma. And, I may have been imagining things, but I could’ve sworn, just as I tore my eyes from the two of them, I saw something in both of their expressions. I couldn’t exactly pin point what it was, but something told me it wasn’t bad. Though, it didn’t mean that I didn’t hate them just as much as I hated Emma at that moment.

~~~~

Yeah, so I hoped you guys enjoyed that chapter. Make sure to leave your feedback as usual and once again, thank you so much for 2k reads!