Unlikely Savior- Chapter 22

A/N: 

Left you guys for another week, sorry about that! I was reading through this phic for some inspiration and I realized how much I complain about my writers block, so sorry about that. I'll suck it up and keep it to myself. Also, I want to thank you guys for 200 votes on this story! Here's another chapter of Unlike Savior for you to enjoy!

~~~~

*Dan's POV*

Right when the bell for dismissal rang, I ran out of the room as quick as I could, gathered everything from my locker, and dashed out of the school, determined to get hold of Phil. I paced side to side for a few minutes before I caught Phil pushing passed the school doors.

Quickly, I ran up to him, hoping that he’d give me a chance to explain. But, to no avail, he swerved around me and speed walked down the street. I sighed as I watched his back fade into the distance. I couldn’t bother to chase after him, knowing that he’d only get to his house and lock me out.

Why couldn’t I just learn to keep my mouth shut? Phil and I only just got together and we already hit a rough patch because of my stupid actions. Did I really have to go after Emma, Chris, and PJ? Did my reputation really matter that much? I shook my head and began walking in the direction towards my house, tossing my hood over my head.

When I got to my room, I immediately flipped out my phone and dialed up Phil. But, like expected, I got his voicemail after the first ring. “Hey Phil,” I mumbled, “Look, you know I don’t mean half of the stuff that comes out of my mouth. I’m sorry, please call me back.”

I hung up the phone before sending him a text, repeating something similar to the voicemail. I began to dial him again, only to receive his voicemail a second time. I hung up and groaned, placing my head into my pillow. How the hell was I supposed to get through to him?

~~

For the next hour, I spent my time redialing Phil’s number and sending numerous text messages, but still got no reply. Maybe, he just didn’t have his phone with him. As much as I hoped it was that, it obviously wasn’t. He was definitely doing his homework or something and most likely had his phone right by his side, set on silent mode.

I decided to ring him one more time and just as I thought he wouldn’t answer, I heard a click, signaling that our calls were connected. “What?” he spoke harshly through the speaker as I grimaced at his tone. “Phil, please listen to me,” I pleaded, “You know I didn’t mean what I said. I just can’t control what my mouth says sometimes.”

“Yeah, whatever,” Phil muttered, sounding like he wasn’t even paying attention to what I was saying. I felt heat rise in my face as I got slightly angrier. “Honestly, Phil,” I raised my voice a bit, “I’m trying to keep this relationship going, but you’re making it harder by getting offended by every little mistake that I make.”

“It’s not even a little mistake, Dan,” Phil replied with the same tone as me, “If you were trying so hard to keep this relationship going, you’d be less afraid of hurting your reputation and act as if I wasn’t your dirty little secret.”

“You treated me like crap before I started tutoring you,” Phil ranted, “I had no friends at all, and you were the first person that I actually grew close to. I honest to God though you changed, but you obviously seemed to care more about your stupid reputation -that may I remind you isn’t going to be around forever-  than our relationship the entire time.”

“Like we were going to last anyways,” I mumbled, immediately regretting my words and internally cursing myself for not being able to stay quiet once again. “You know, I thought we’d last longer than four days, but obviously that’s not what you want,” Phil talked with a cold tone, “And, if that’s not what you want, then I’m not even going to bother to try.”

I was just about to say something but the line went dead and I dropped my phone to the side as a tear slid down my cheek. Why did I have to go and screw everything up? We didn’t even make it passed a week and I had to ruin everything.

I dropped back into my pillow as I broke into a fit of tears, soaking the pillow case. My mind filled with thoughts of Phil as my heart wrenched with pain. I’d just gotten with Phil and I already lost him. But, this time I didn’t have anyone to retreat to.

Emma, Chris, and PJ weren’t around anymore, and I for sure wasn’t going to beg for them because I hated them just as much as they hated me at the moment. I couldn’t go running to Sarah because we’d only just become acquainted and she’d obviously be busy comforting Phil to do anything for me.

I didn’t even have my parent since they were never around to talk. And, even if they were, it would be more likely that I’d get a beating from my dad than a comforting hug. I was completely alone, and the thought of it pained me.

It dawned on me at that moment that I indeed had lost my reputation. Yet, it didn’t seem to affect me as much as losing Phil did. I actually didn’t care one bit that I destroyed my stand at the school. All I cared about was that fact that I was alone because I had just lost the most important person in my life

~~~~

I hoped you guys liked the chapter. Sorry, if the story has been feeling a bit rushed lately. Make sure to leave your feedback and thank you again for 200 votes and for reading!