Unlikely Savior- Chapter 27

A/N:

Okay, so there's literally only about two or three more chapters (one of them being this chapter) left for this story. Like I said, there will be a sad ending + epilogue for this story but I am also writing a happy ending + epilogue as well and I will post them at the same time so you guys have the decision of which you'd like to read. Anyways, here's chapter twenty-seven of Unlikely Savior! It might be a bit short so sorry if that happens.

~~~~

*Phil's POV* (yeah ik, finally)

I took a sip from my iced tea as I tapped my foot anxiously. School was back in two days and I’d wasted my entire break doing nothing but thinking about Dan. He’d been absent the day before the students got dismissed for the week and he’d never been absent before that.

I spent pretty much the whole week lying in bed, thinking of what Dan could’ve been doing at the moment. I thought of a whole bunch of crazy scenarios about why he was missing from school that Friday. Dan was the only thing on my mind. And, not only for that week, for the entire month.

Ever since I’d made my desires clear to Dan, I’d been thinking of him more than ever. I thought it was what I wanted but for some reason, I still felt miserable. I still felt like I was missing something and that my whole world was off track.

But, even though I felt like crap, I still tried my hardest to keep myself together. I went back to studying everyday like I used to, I hung out with Sarah much more than what was considered normal, I did anything to keep my mind off of Dan. And, it did work for a little but eventually, the thought of him got the best of me.

Seeing him so broken everyday didn’t help me get him out of my memories one bit. I knew what he was going to say to me that day at my house, and I didn’t let him. I knew he still wanted me back but I made my wants clear. But, seeing him come into English everyday with that horrible look on his face, made me feel like I’d made a huge mistake

“Phil?” Sarah waved her hand in front of my face, throwing me out of my trance. “Huh? What?” I looked over at her as she looked at me with a concerned look. She crossed her arms and stared at me, her eyes squinting slightly. “Alright, Phil,” she sighed, “What’s up?”

“Do you think I made the right choice?” I asked, “You know, deciding that I didn’t want Dan back.” Sarah thought for minute before looking up at me and shrugging. “What do you think?” she leaned over, “Do you feel better without him in your life?”

I sighed and shook my head, looking down in disappointment at my idiocy. “Dan is a good guy, Phil,” Sarah reminded me, “He just had a few flaws here and there, like everyone else.” I nodded in agreement, taking another sip from my tea. “Yeah, my flaw being that I’m a huge baby that makes a big deal out of the tiniest things,” I muttered, mostly to myself.

“No, Phil,” she reassured, “You had your reasons to make the decision you made. You didn’t want to take the risk of giving Dan another chance, so you didn’t, and that’s fine.” I shrugged as I processed her words. “What if I want to take the risk, but I didn’t know back then?” I mumbled.

“Then you’re going to get up right now and head over to his place and tell him that,” Sarah grinned a bit, seeming rather happy with what I was telling her. I pondered for a minute before nodding and getting up. “You don’t mind me just leaving you here?” I looked down at her. “Phil, go,” she smiled, waving her hand dismissively, “Before I get up and go get Dan for myself.  

I quickly hugged her mumbling a thank you before dashing out the small cafe we were sat in. I dashed down the street, knowing exactly where Dan’s house was. As I sped down the block, I smiled to myself, remembering everything Dan and I had been through.

But, what if Dan didn’t want to take me back? What if he realized that if I wasn’t going to give him another chance, that he should just give up? I shook my head, trying my hardest to keep my mind on a positive trail. I was going to let Dan know how sorry I was and that I did want him back and we’d just be happy together once again.

After about ten minutes of walking, Dan’s house came into view and I quickly jogged up to his front door. I rang the doorbell and waited for a few moments, fixing myself up before someone answered. But, nobody came to the door. I looked in the driveway and both cars were gone so his parents must’ve not been home. But, Dan never went anywhere with his parents, so where could he have been.

I rang the doorbell once again and waited another minute before deciding to knock. Just as my hand hit the door, it creaked slightly open. I hesitated for a second before pushing it open a bit. Dan’s parents must’ve been in such a rush that they didn’t notice that the door didn’t close all the way.

I took in a deep breath before pushing the door all the way open. I gasped at what was held before my eyes. The house was a complete mess. Pictures were knocked down and shattered on the floor, chairs were tipped over, clothes laid all over the floor.

“Dan?” I called out, hoping to get some sort of yell back but nothing came. I scoped the rooms, looking for any sign for anybody to be home. Maybe nobody was actually home, maybe they actually went somewhere for the break and that’s why they were gone. Did they get robbed?

I looked around to find everything valuable still there, either in place of shattered on the ground. What the hell happened in here? I quickly jogged up the stairs, checking all the other rooms before Dan’s. They were all destroyed just like downstairs.

Eventually, I stopped at Dan’s room, the door shut. I reluctantly reached towards the handle, something in my gut telling me something bad was about to happen. And, just as I pushed open the door, I realized just how right my instincts were.

~~~~

Muahaha. Cliffhanger. Yeah, sorry about that but I guess you’ll have to wait until the next chapter! IK, I’m evil, oops. Anyways, like I said, sorry the chapter was short. I still hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to leave your feedback to let me know what you think and thanks for reading!