49 | Chapter Forty Nine

Começar do início

"See ya later Shaz," said Macey before heading towards the forest.

_________

Although the forest had always been silent, overgrown with ivy and buzzing with creatures, there was signs of institutional life that had also made their way towards the den. Macey felt a heavy pang in her heart, looking down the cavern of the den, reminiscing on the lady she knew simply as professor Hazel. A women, in her eyes, who was strong and heavily independent. Someone who was well respected in the Citadel and adored by her own students — the biggest fan being Macey.

She clenched her fist in retort. The lady was a traitor. But, her loving legacy was the one thing Macey was to take from all this.

She did not die a backstabber. She done what she done, for the one person she loved more than her own life.

"Hey Macey."

Pulling her away from her own thoughts was Raine, who made the moon mage gasp in shock, transferring her vision towards the head alchemist.
Before Macey had a chance to ask, commotion began to develop in the den.

Hiding behind a pillar, she was able to catch a glance at two of the people, one of them being Dean Reginald. His cloak draped down to the earthy pathway, dragging as the dean walked into the den more. His icy grey eyes were like that of a stone, and he looked as if he hadn't aged since the last time they met — right at the beginning of the year. The man next to him wore combat boots that heaved along the ground and blood stained jeans that had a few rips at the knees. He wore a scarf around his neck, tossing a piece of it behind his shoulder, listening to the flurry of adornments along his arm jangle and clink. Upon closer inspection, Macey saw that this man had an array of tattoos on his body, ranging from small symbols to large creatures of the night.

"So this is it," said the man with a rather posh accent. An accent that sounded highly familiar to Maceys ears.

"This is it," replied Reginald, lifting his hands up to gesture the den to the man.

He nodded his head, his arms coming across his chest in agreement. Surveying what was before him, the man then let off a large grin that showcased his dimples and laughed out loud.

"Perfect," he said. "It ain't no Citadel, but it could be worse."

The man then snapped his finger, letting lightning static string though his fingernails. Macey furrowed her brow, letting her mouth gape open before Raine whispered, "that's the new companions magics professor."

Suddenly, the ground beneath them began to rumble. Lightning coiled along the laces of Maceys sneakers, with a slight adjustment in the breeze. The wind picked up the pace, collecting a bunch of stray leaves to funnel and spiral. And then, a shriek echoed around them, one that emerged from the skies above them. A shadow drowned the sun out, creating a black silhouette to cast over her, cutting though the clouds like a hot blade.

"Oh my goodness..."

A creature of formidable size crashed landed at the mans side. It's scales glistened in the midday sun, the sheer size of it was able to drown out the light that would have cascaded across the mans face. It's wings were the most impressive thing about it, large and looked as if they could span out for miles. Macey was extremely fascinated. This was her first time seeing a dragon familiar. One that was getting rather angsty, and somehow had its eyes locked into their direction.