"Here," muttered Iza. "You look like you need this more than me. I'm an ice sage; the cold doesn't bother me."

She frowned at the chivalry Iza portrayed but couldn't help feeling like he was up to no good. The men that appeared in Macey's life have always demanded something from her. It was either to have her as arm candy, sleep with her or worse — all because she's the moon mage.

"Wow," sighed Macey, slowly tilting her head. "Are we hinting at something here Iza?"

He gasped, holding his hands in defence while shaking his head sideways. "What? Oh, goddess, no!" Iza bit his lip, averting his eyes to the walls, turning a light shade of pink in his cheeks. "I mean, your pretty and everything but, I'm not into you like that."

The innocence Iza portrayed made Macey giggle and made her feel dumb for thinking he was sleazy. She then wrapped his oversized jacket around her, feeling somewhat warm with the extra layer of clothing.

"I'm joking," laughed Macey, placing her arms through the jacket that looked insanely ridiculous on her. "I can see how you're not looking for more than friendship."

How can you tell?" asked Iza, screwing his lip at her.

Macey half shrugged. "Well by now, a guy is either staring at my chest, telling me some corny pick-up line or both — and you're doing none of those."

Iza let out an awkward chuckle while gathering a few books out from his bag. "No wonder you doubted me, I'm sorry that I gave the wrong impression. I can be a little too forward sometimes, and can come off a little too strong."

"Don't be sorry," said Macey, feeling kinda guilty for making Iza sad. "More guys should be friends like you. Then I wouldn't be so judgemental."

She then placed her hand on his shoulder and smiled, making him smile back.

"Thanks, Macey," Iza chimed, smiling right at her. "And the reason why I'm so kind is that I wanna be friends with everyone. When I become a fully-fledged White Enhancer, then people can rely on their friend to heal them — which will be me."

"What a goal," said Macey, fetching her books and stationery, placing them on the ice-covered desk. "Good luck with that, no doubt you'll be successful in that role. I mean, I'm not the one for friendships, but you've convinced me otherwise."

Suddenly a thudding noise hitting the cold wooden floors caught Macey's ears, along with the clacking of heels. The room began to become silent as their professor strolled into the room.

"That's our professor?" queried Macey, raising her brows at her.

Iza nodded. "Yeap, that's professor Del Obsidian, she's a White Enhancer for the Citadel and also an Ice Master."

She looked incredibly young compared to the other professors, making Macey think they could be the same age. Her hair was a sickening magenta that was tied up in two pigtails down the side. Her big blue eyes shimmered like the ocean and looked radiant against the shine of the ice that surrounded them. And the dress was super adorable, a mix between fashionable and disgustingly girly.

"Wow," gasped Macey. "Never seen a familiar quite like that before."

Its fur was snow-white, with small icicles jutting from its limbs. It had tiny little arms, and large floppy feet, hopping slowly along the ground as it followed Del to her desk. It's tail dragged along the ground, gathering frost from the floor and had these sparkly black eyes that peered right at Macey.